Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm not trying to start a debate here but I was just wondering what the major differences in an Apple or Mac than a standaerd PC, I build my own computer and it is a monster, but I have been hearing alot about Apple here lately with the new intel processors but I really never new what the big differences are, I know things from an Apple won't work with PCs but if someone has time I would just like to know what so different about the two. thanks alot

·
Registered
604 Posts
The biggest difference is that Apple builds the hardware to go with their O and unless you get a specific board/chipset you can't make your own computer that runs it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I've been playing around with computers only about 2 or 3 years and like I said earlierI built my own PC and I pretty proud of how it turned out my son nick named it the Beast, and I also have a Toshiba laptop that I used for work and I am running Windows XP on both, the question I have, would it be worth getting say and Apple note book, maybe a couple years old to just to play around with, I don't think I've ever done anything with an OS X system, or would it worth messing around with? some say theres a world of difference in the two, anyway it was just a thought thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you just want to play around with it then that'll work... If you might want more out of it then get a new Macbook Pro (I think they come out next month). These have the new Intel Core Duo in them and are soooooo much faster than the older notebooks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts