Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been experiencing small stutter issues sometimes. I also feel like I want more performance, do I need more performance? Not really? But It seems like I fluxiate a lot FPS wise in most games. Even in Diablo 3 I go from 60 to 57 back to 60.

So the question is what should I do? Upgrade to 680? 670? 7970? I play at 1080p right now but would like to play at a high res later.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I am not sure if its going to solve your problem but disabling hyperthreading in your CPU will make your game run smoother and run more stable.

If you have already disabled hyperthreading and still experiencing the same problems, i would suggest its your 1280MB of vram that is limiting you from playing a completely smooth 1080p experience.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post

I am not sure if its going to solve your problem but disabling hyperthreading in your CPU will make your game run smoother and run more stable.
If you have already disabled hyperthreading and still experiencing the same problems, i would suggest its your 1280MB of vram that is limiting you from playing a completely smooth 1080p experience.
I've had the stuttering too, along with screen tear.

VRAM wasn't the issue for me, and the 448 is almost as powerful as a 570

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
screen tear = vsync is the solution

stuttering = is caused by insufficient vram / hyperthreading

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post

screen tear = vsync is the solution
stuttering = is caused by insufficient vram / hyperthreading
so what's the solution to a combination of both?

Trust me. I have tried all mannor of vsync and different ways to get rid of the tearing. The stutter was infrequent enough that I could deal with it (on non HT CPUs)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Vsync + Triple Buffer, but if your card can't run at +60fps constant then you are going to see stutter when it dips more than 3 frames down.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
you want to upgrade because your fps dropped 3 fps???
thumb.gif

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

As suggested, look at v-sync. Try Nvidia's adaptive v-sync.
didn't make a difference on my 560ti, but i'll be getting a 660ti by the end of the month so we shall see if it operates better
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't see a problem in the OP

Disable HT, make sure any OC's you have are 100% stable (can/will cause stuttering) set maximum pre-rendered frames in nvidia cp to 0, remove v-sync if you don't mind tearing or have a 120Hz monitor

There is nothing wrong with the performance of your cards, 3 fps loss from an presumably capped limit of 60fps is nothing to get worked up on.

If you are experiencing stuttering then the best action would be to do diagnostics on why it happens.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I get those drops in d3 with sli 680s. The engine is bad for high end rigs basically.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.