Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im sure a good bit of you guys have noticed my post on how to get your powere supply to work with no mother board right.....Well due to rising case temps i am moving out of the ghetto age and upgrading to a larger power suply....i know that antec true is the way to go as suggested by most. also that enermax is also a good choice... i was wondering what otheres have tried in the off the shelf 500+ watt powersuplies... i like the way the aspire 550 looks and some of the others also look really nice but nice just doesnt cut it so let me know what kind of voltages you are running and so on....

I will be repping for good posts... that is good posts that dont include you should just pick up the antec true power or something of the lines of this...

also i have established a phone number that will give you reps for not even helping the number is 1900-REPS4YOU
Just kidding

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I tried a Hiper Dual Fan 520w for 24 hours then I took it back!!!!! The rails was not stable. The 12v rail went low as 11.2v and high as 12.7v when the system was at idle.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

well im sure a good bit of you guys have noticed my post on how to get your powere supply to work with no mother board right.....Well due to rising case temps i am moving out of the ghetto age and upgrading to a larger power suply....i know that antec true is the way to go as suggested by most. also that enermax is also a good choice... i was wondering what otheres have tried in the off the shelf 500+ watt powersuplies... i like the way the aspire 550 looks and some of the others also look really nice but nice just doesnt cut it so let me know what kind of voltages you are running and so on....

I will be repping for good posts... that is good posts that dont include you should just pick up the antec true power or something of the lines of this...

also i have established a phone number that will give you reps for not even helping the number is 1900-REPS4YOU
Just kidding

I have not used very many brands of PSU, but to my knowlege the Antec and Enermax PSU are some of the best. The Aspire PSU's are good PSU but from what I have read here and other places they are not very stable while overclocking. the best advice I could give you make sure you get a PSU with at least 20A and no less on the +12v rail, 25A or more would be a lot better.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
:withstupi Forton, Antec and Enermax are about the best out there for the price. OCZ and Connect-X are also top performers, but a little more expensive. Aspire's are hit-or-miss, and I've seen plenty have less-than-desirable results with them. Not worth the gamble, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
DO NOT BUY Q-TECH. They suck.

Tagan are good. Antec are good. Enermax are good. I was even satisfied with my old cheapy COLORSit 400W.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

looking for some huge AT cases old huge ones really i just need one but i would like a selection to choose from thanks
and no affin i give you reps BOOO yahhhhh

If you would like to find some huge old cases there is no better place to look than at thrift stores and pawn shops, the thrift shore will sell the system for jsuta few bucks, but the pawn shops will ask for more than the systems are worth.

My boss used to work for Goodwill, that is where I though of that idea.
You should be able to find old P1 & P2 systems in huge full cases for $5-15, jsut gut the parts and custom mod the case.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I can vouch for Tagan... Great PSUs and are highley rated in the UK...

Rated high enough to be put into Scans 3XS-SLI Cobra... Now you think this PSU has to power all this... and its 480W TG480-U01 one which I got.

2 x 3.4GHz Xeon CPU
2 x xFx 6800 GT
2 x 74GB S-ATA WD Raptor
1 x 300GB EIDE Maxtor Diamondmax 10
1 x Plextor PX-712A DVD
plus all the other that the PSU has to shunt power too.

I love this PSU very stable and has great rails that support high OCs on my system.

• Rep+
Reactions: SpookedJunglist

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

2 x 3.4GHz Xeon CPU
2 x xFx 6800 GT
2 x 74GB S-ATA WD Raptor
1 x 300GB EIDE Maxtor Diamondmax 10
1 x Plextor PX-712A DVD
plus all the other that the PSU has to shunt power too.

mmmmm...speed....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well I got lucky with my aspire 500 watt. It's rails are very stable and it overclocks pretty well (2530 11x230). So I can vouch for it, but I have heard of less than stable rails on it, so they are hit and miss I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you all thought i was gonna be a cheep ARSE????????
I picked up a Antect True control 550
I like it so far... well my case temps went down 15°f since i have one PSU
instead of two
i also bought a big 120mm fan for the front of my case but i was too busy looking at the CFMs and ended up buying a 120v ac fan
yep ima dumbass....

thanks for the suggestions I was looking at the aspire also it looked cool for the price

1 - 15 of 15 Posts