345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a computer with these specs:
Intel E6750 @ stock
MSI Motherboard idk what model :s
4GB RAM
Some IDE Hard disk
Nvidia 8600GT

When I turn it on there is no image on the monitor, I have tried a differnat power supply. The computer has been knocked quite hard. It worked fine before it was knocked but i cant get any image on the monitor
I have tried reseating the RAM and graphics card but it still doesnt work

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, ive tried clearing CMOS aswell. Somebody fell on it apparently, The fans and everything come on but there is just nothing on the monitor. It doesnt have a speaker thing in it either

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Any beeps from the system speaker?

EDIT - Nevermind. I would clear CMOS and possibly reseat the CPU.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
Any beeps from the system speaker?

EDIT - Nevermind. I would clear CMOS and possibly reseat the CPU.
I have done the CPU too, There is no speaker

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentJ View Post
Have a diff graphics card to try out?
I tried the onboard and there is still nothing. I havent got one that will fit in the case

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is possible when the pc was knocked a short circuit between the case and the motherboard was created. Try seating your system in a different pc case, perhaps with a different power supply (if possible). Also try taking the graphic card out and then booting.

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,223 Posts
Also you could try just 1 stick of ram, and if the mobo has more than 1 graphics slot, try the card in the other...

seems like I heard when you take out CMOS, or when you unplug your pc to work on it, hold down the power button, to discharge any built up static, may or may not be useful

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluez
View Post

It is possible when the pc was knocked a short circuit between the case and the motherboard was created. Try seating your system in a different pc case, perhaps with a different power supply (if possible). Also try taking the graphic card out and then booting.

Idk how hard it was knocked, but aparently someone fell on it. The motherboard wouldnt have been able to bend that far. I dont really want to try any of the parts in it, in my system incase they break it. Ive tried another power supply and it still doesnt work

I pressed the power button when i reset the CMOS (the pc was unplugged). Ill try the RAM in my pc tomorrow. really tired tonight lol.

·
Something witty
2,400 Posts
try taking it all out of the case and setting it up. It could just be the case shorting something... or yes, possibly a dead mobo, especially if you say that all the individual parts are working.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparhawk
View Post

try taking it all out of the case and setting it up. It could just be the case shorting something... or yes, possibly a dead mobo, especially if you say that all the individual parts are working.

but wouldnt a short stop the fans coming on?

·
Something witty
2,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurrp
View Post

but wouldnt a short stop the fans coming on?

not always. it would depend where the short is located, it might simply be bridging a connection that is causing the BIOS to not start correctly. I would give taking it out a try, because if it's a dead mobo you'll have to take it out anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts