Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey well a while ago i bought a Thermaltake BigWater(not SE because SE is sold out across australia apparently) and after 3 days of use, the pump died on me so i was not impressed... Well i thought i would buy a second BigWater and that way i could have a pump that worked and also 2 radiators for better cooling. Well wen i went to the shop they said they could get in a Thermaltake BigWater 735 which i had never heard of b4 and i havent seen on newegg, so i assumed it was the same thing. Anywho it came today and i installed it but wen i opened it, i was like crickey! coz i found that this BigWater comes with a heaps better pump and they have done away with those really tiny tubes and they are now 3/8 which seems quite huge compared to the old tubes... So just letting ppl know that in case they r thinking of getting the BigWater which i dont reccommend then they should get the Bigwater 735 coz it is far superior...

BTW. The original bigwater was fair dinkum useless...

Over and out

·
Registered
87 Posts
i just bought a thermaltake 745 , it has two radiators, the first one fits 1 120mm fan on it , the 2nd is twice as big and has 2x120mm fans . It also has a 400/lph pump . Does the 735 have just one radiator? if so how big is it? thx rukkee

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah man it looks like u got the better deal with the 745 because the radiator i got is basically the same as the radiator that comes with the SE except with bigger connecters for the bigger pipes. I also have the 400lph pump though. I found mine really good though coz it keeps my CPU(X2 3800+ at 2.33 at the moment) idling at 30 degrees and never goes above 40 degrees which is fair dinkum good for australia coz room temp is like 43 degrees and my MOBO temp is like 43 so i am pretty pleased... How did u find urs, is it good?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found mine looking through frozencpu.com . It works well, my 3700+ is @ 2915mhz , 25-26c idle 36-38-load . My ambient is 23c so that helps . i can crack a window and get 15-16c I 31-32c L from below 0c outside air , so im cheating 8)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frupert

it keeps my CPU idling at 30 degrees and never goes above 40 degrees which is fair dinkum good for australia coz room temp is like 43 degrees and my MOBO temp is like 43

Am I reading this correctly--your cooling your CPU to below ambient, without active refridgeration?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meh, all i know is that the other day my MOBO was 43 degrees and outside temp was 44 degrees and my cpu was at around 35...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Prophet, the biggest issue i had with the 745 was that the amount of coolant they sent me wasnt enough to fill the lines and the res all the way , i was prolly short 5oz's or so, but i used alot of tubing to install everything outside the case . The other thing that gave me some trouble was lining the water block up on the cpu . the round shape of the WB and the way they secure it to the cpu isnt the best imo, atleast for my 939 board .I had to use a marker and give myself some reference marks on exactly where the chip was , and the exact edge ot the contact area on the waterblock. Other than that i love mine , it performs well . Rukkee

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah i was just letting you guys know i got mine there for a really good price $182 shipped. I'm guessing i should have the first BTX watercooled gateway system.

But i probably wont install until next month when my new motherboard comes in.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've seen those things, Seem to be the pwn as kids say... Can't go wrong, Even the SE was a good cooler, just making something that was already awesome ever more awesome-er. I love thermaltake

·
Registered
87 Posts
Prophet, that was a good price , i paid 199 from frozencpu, but they are usually higher then most . Their warehouse is about 100 miles away so i figured id get it fast . I bet you will be one of the first water gateways hehe . Rukkee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts