Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
Don't you leave your hardware online if you are away, or is that because of the weather?
I do for several rigs (boinc) but only a 2M PPD rig for FAH.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
Do we have a new tally spreadsheet?

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts

·
I can count to potato
763 Posts
Whoops... I'm late to the party again, but getting things fired up.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
so these links are pointing to really old stuff. Probably do not need to include them in the OP:

• Rep+
Reactions: CptAsian

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so these links are pointing to really old stuff. Probably do not need to include them in the OP:

View attachment 2465671
OP edited and noted for the future, thanks for that. Seems like most every month I catch a tweak like that.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
you got it bro. And thanks for organizing this!

·
I <3 narcissists
6,487 Posts
How do you all look at the stats during the event? I use that Extremeoverclocking stat tracker but it doesn't show who is in the foldathon, I just assume that all of the active people are in it.

How sweet would it be if we could raise the valley between those peaks...

·
User of the PC
2,066 Posts
How do you all look at the stats during the event? I use that Extremeoverclocking stat tracker but it doesn't show who is in the foldathon, I just assume that all of the active people are in it.

View attachment 2465758
The spreadsheet that is on the original post is the way, but it is showing older stats from a previous FaT right now.

·
Fold on!
6,827 Posts
I always check a few feared members before the FaT starts, to see what they've been producing the last 24 hours.
For example, @Jpmboy with his 2.3 million points updates is hard to overtake, so he's one to keep an eye on.
But besides that it's the google doc that has the most information (if it's working) :)

We would need way more active folders to raise that valley.
Most of us can't keep that much hardware online, but if you look around on OCN and see all the hardware that is only used for gaming.... :p

The spreadsheet that is on the original post is the way, but it is showing older stats from a previous FaT right now.
It's sad that the stats page is not online, I always enjoy looking at it.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
I always check a few feared members before the FaT starts, to see what they've been producing the last 24 hours.
For example, @Jpmboy with his 2.3 million points updates is hard to overtake, so he's one to keep an eye on.
But besides that it's the google doc that has the most information (if it's working) :)

We would need a way more active folders to raise that valley.
Most of us can't keep that much hardware online, but if you look around on OCN and see all the hardware that is only used for gaming.... :p

It's sad that the stats page is not online, I always enjoy looking at it.
Yeah, it keeps the FAT folders engaged for sure! We do need a tracking sheet..

·
I <3 narcissists
6,487 Posts
We would need a way more active folders to raise that valley.
I didn't think about there being hardware that is used only during the FAT, for me it just means I don't play games for a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I didn't think about there being hardware that is used only during the FAT, for me it just means I don't play games for a few days.
I think a lot of people can't justify folding all the time for the sake of power or noise or heat, so it's just during the winter months or for short periods of time. Fortunately utilities are currently tied into my rent, I actually need some white noise in the background, and the heat doesn't bother me much, just runs my AC a bit more. When I move out I'll have to back off some though for sure.

·
User of the PC
2,066 Posts
Its -6 here I still have to leave a window open with all my rigs running. Electricity is about 8 cents a kW in my province so maybe $5 a day to run my rigs?

·
Fold on!
6,827 Posts
For example, I steal a 1080ti from a friend for the FaT. He's fine with it as long as it's only for those 2 days a month.
If 20 user would have one of those 2.5mil cards only for the FaT it's already 50 million points per day extra.

I think a lot of people can't justify folding all the time for the sake of power or noise or heat, so it's just during the winter months or for short periods of time. Fortunately utilities are currently tied into my rent, I actually need some white noise in the background, and the heat doesn't bother me much, just runs my AC a bit more. When I move out I'll have to back off some though for sure.
I have to pay for the electricity, but at this time the computers are already helping to heat the house. I actually like to sit in this room now because the temperature is perfect :D

Its -6 here I still have to leave a window open with all my rigs running. Electricity is about 8 cents a kW in my province so maybe $5 a day to run my rigs?
How many pc's do you have to use about 2.6kw/h?
With my gpu's combined I'm using a little over 1kw/h, that's about 1.4kw/h total for 3 systems.

·
I can count to potato
763 Posts
Heat and my computers being lit up like a disco are the main reasons I don't fold 24/7. I'm just renting a room so my main rig is right next to my bed. Been saving up to get back into a bigger place with a dedicated office, then I'll be able to fold more often.

·
User of the PC
2,066 Posts
How many pc's do you have to use about 2.6kw/h?
With my gpu's combined I'm using a little over 1kw/h, that's about 1.4kw/h total for 3 systems.
One socket has about 1100watts going through it and the other probably has around 500watts. I have 4 rigs on right now. I just realized that is only 1.6kW now, not sure how I ended up with my last estimate.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
Gonna be dialing back over the next hours (-9M PPD at least)... push to pick me up! :)

·
Fold on!
6,827 Posts
One socket has about 1100watts going through it and the other probably has around 500watts. I have 4 rigs on right now. I just realized that is only 1.6kW now, not sure how I ended up with my last estimate.
I'm happy for you that it's "only" 1.6kw/h :p

Gonna be dialing back over the next hours (-9M PPD at least)... push to pick me up! :)
Working hard, though I can't increase my ppd without more systems to put my gpu's in.

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
Not the points at update I was expecting. Either power went out, WU's ran dry or my system leaked out while i'm at work.

Maybe even that pesky windows update.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts