Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting so long and it's finally here. Here are some pic's but benchies will have to wait till sometime tomorrow.

I am afraid
of the weight
and will do a bit of research on mounting. I also have 3 kinds of paste Shin Etsu, OCZ Freeze and AS5. Haven't tried the Shin Etsu before so most likely will give that a run. Any suggestions on mounting or paste please they are all welcome.

Now on to the pic's-

More Pic's of her installed on motherboard.

UPDATE November 23, 2008

All right so today is the day to test the Copper TURE (unlapped) some more

Due to time constraints I will only be able to apply 2 I chose “Trusty Ol’AS5†and my favorite “OCZ Freezeâ€. I am very fond to the OCZ as it has a very easy application and on other set-ups; has delivered.

Of course I used my sig rig and the Copper TRUE had push pull using 2xYate loons 120mm. Now on to the tests…

AS5
Ambient temps: 20.83c (-7c outside)
Idle
Q6600 @ 3600 w/ 1.48 vcore (bios) 1.472 (windows report) 27c
Full Load
Q6600 @ 3600 w/ 1.48 vcore (bios) 1.488 (windows report) 57c

OCZ Freeze
Ambient temps: 20.43 (-7 outside) Getting warmer as the afternoon comes upon us 
Idle
Q6600 @ 3600 w/ 1.48 vcore (bios) 1.472 (windows report) 27c
Full Load
Q6600 @ 3600 w/ 1.48 vcore (bios) 1.488 (windows report) 54c

Not too bad but very time consuming. There is definitely a difference between the two thermal pastes. As you can see OCZ seems to have performed better. Well that's it for now but will post more between today & tomorrow.

Update December 2, 2008

Had some time to kill today now that I have taken a week off of work
I finally got around to lapping her (sorry no pics camera was destroyed on Thanksgiving) I was pleasantly surprised at the results,

Full Load
Q6600 @ 3600 w/ 1.48 vcore (bios) 1.472 (windows report) 51c
This was far better that I expected. It's about 5c-6c warmer in the house than when I ran my previous tests. I am curious
to see what the results would be if my Q6600 was lapped. Anyways, thanks to all who have helped me out...

Will update with my last 2 tests of thermal paste and lapped Q6600.

Update of the lapped copper true. I was applying the washer mod + applying the I7 Diamond thermal paste figured I would take a pic of the final product. My camera is not so good (old camera, very old) anyways will be posting the results of the diamond thermal paste after some curing time.

UPDATE December 12, 2007 IC7 Diamond results

Well, I had high hopes for the Diamond IC7 thermal paste. Didn't even come close to expectations. There are many reason why it's not worth the money but I will only list the top disappointments that I have had with it so far.
1. To expensive
2. PITA to apply
3. How long it takes to cure
4. Most of all; poor results in temps. Yes I had to re-seat many times only to find same poor results everytime.

I spent about a week doing all of the above. I researched many applications and found the best results was the 5mm dot in the middle of the CPU. With my TRUE lapped I noticed that it spread nice and even accross the Q6600 so that wasn't an issue. Didn't look to be a lot of air bubbles. Anyways I will not go on on to the results them selves.

As you can see much higher temps than the other. Never again will I but this stuff.

Tests Left:
1.IC Diamond thermal paste
2.Shin Etsu thermal Paste

Mods Left:
1.Washer mood
2.Lapping

LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
lol you should mount it the way it is now.. flat.. unless.. you want your motherboard to be ripped in half
and boy... that copper is looking sexi

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Use a bike kickstand lol.
*waits for benchies*
lol, I know I am dying to do the benchies but got home late from work due to had to get out and vote. Then the son wanted a but whooping in Halo. Now must put in the quality time with the wife. Tomorrow, is all mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I AM TEH LAW GIVAH View Post
lol you should mount it the way it is now.. flat.. unless.. you want your motherboard to be ripped in half
and boy... that copper is looking sexi
Who you telling? I am scared to install and stand my case up. Someone hold me...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killerhz View Post
lol, I know I am dying to do the benchies but got home late from work due to had to get out and vote. Then the son wanted a but whooping in Halo. Now must put in the quality time with the wife. Tomorrow, is all mine.

Who you telling? I am scared to install and stand my case up. Someone hold me...
You better put that holding time in with the quality time with the wife. Tomorrow you owe OCN some benchies.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Chris View Post
That thing is awesome. Where did you pick that up at?
CrazyPC. It was a pre-order like 2 weeks ago. The wait killed me.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErBall
View Post

You going to do direct comparisons to your regular TRUE?

Yes. Right now I have a lapped TRUE and will redo benchies. Then install the copper and run benchies.

·
Banned
3,854 Posts
Have you tested for flatness? If it is uneven, the fair test would be to lap it and then compare with the normal true.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockTheStock
View Post

Damn I would really like to see a side by side comparison of this pure copper true vs the normal true. Also what processor is that you have @4 Ghz? +1 rep

Well I had the TRUE and temps ran 63c full load. The CPU is not at 4 Ghz it's 3.6 on an 8x multi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

So it looks like the copper TRUE is an e-peen cooler.

No, I am just a TRUE fan. Some are water heads; me..."I'm a TRUE Dude".

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the TRUE Copper too. The lapped version with good fans REALLY is worth the money I've never seen my temps go over 55C even @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.35volts. I can't directly compare it with the TRUE but I can tell you that it's loads better than my lapped core contact freezer with the same fan.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin View Post
So it looks like the copper TRUE is an e-peen cooler.
What, cause you don't have one lol? Aww sorry, I really wish they had Sour Grape Reputation along with regular Rep.

Killerhz, are you going to end up with your case upright or on it's side? I have one sitting at home and am looking into a Lian Li case so I can just have the case sit on it's side and not worry about it.

This cooler will be awesome. Also you doing the Ultra Kaze Push pull set up there?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts