Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just got this new intel 650 cpu. I swapped my 530 for the 650 and the cmos got reset like normal. I tried to go into windows (everything stock) and got this message:

NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Nothing I could do would let me go past this error. Repairing windows didnt fix it. I reformatted, installed all my drivers and everything, and then went to overclock. I went to 240 FSB and boom it happened again. I raised some voltages and backed everything back to stock and its still there. What is the problem here? I ran this board with raid everyday at 254 FSB so I dont see a problem with anything...

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Try reading This or this that will go through step by step solutions to fix your problem.. If you ask me, i think it is your bios..try flashing to the latest one and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

Ok guys I just got this new intel 650 cpu. I swapped my 530 for the 650 and the cmos got reset like normal. I tried to go into windows (everything stock) and got this message:

NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Nothing I could do would let me go past this error. Repairing windows didnt fix it. I reformatted, installed all my drivers and everything, and then went to overclock. I went to 240 FSB and boom it happened again. I raised some voltages and backed everything back to stock and its still there. What is the problem here? I ran this board with raid everyday at 254 FSB so I dont see a problem with anything...

Just to start with the easiest solutions, you don't have a nonboot floppy in your drive,do you? That message indicates that it's looking for the boot sector, but can't see it or it's corrupted. I'm sure you've checked, but can't hurt to mention it...did you check to make sure your BIOS boot options are set correctly?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Just to start with the easiest solutions, you don't have a nonboot floppy in your drive,do you? That message indicates that it's looking for the boot sector, but can't see it or it's corrupted. I'm sure you've checked, but can't hurt to mention it...did you check to make sure your BIOS boot options are set correctly?

Boot is set to CD then HDD and theres no CD in the drive. There is no floppy drive (I removed it) and I tried HDD then CD, same issue.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Boot is set to CD then HDD and theres no CD in the drive. There is no floppy drive (I removed it) and I tried HDD then CD, same issue.

It's not seeing the boot sector on your hard drive, so it's got to be a loose or bad cable. Any chance you have an extra laying around to swap it with? It's worth a try because I doubt the actual boot sector is corrupted. It's just not able to read it for some reason and a bad cable seems as logical as anything else.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

It's not seeing the boot sector on your hard drive, so it's got to be a loose or bad cable. Any chance you have an extra laying around to swap it with? It's worth a try because I doubt the actual boot sector is corrupted. It's just not able to read it for some reason and a bad cable seems as logical as anything else.

Nope because the problem is fixed after I reformat and run at stock.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Have you run a diag. on the HDs to be sure they aren acting up?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Have you run a diag. on the HDs to be sure they aren acting up?

Downloading that now.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Downloading that now.

You should also turn on S.M.A.R.T. in your BIOS.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fixed!!!

Not sure why but I had a usb drive connected and it took that over the raid when trying to boot. I've never had this problem before either! Thank god its fixed it was driving me crazy lol.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Pfft, you didn't listen! J/k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts