Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, for the past couple of days ive asked you guys for help, and ive tried all the sugestions, and im still getting the BSOD. For the some of you that may be reading this, ive done stress tests on my CPU and ram, ive removed the drivers for the 9800 GT and downloaded older drivers, i think they were 180 something, and also ran a sweeper. Today, again, i get the blue screen of death. When i first built my rig, i ran a Ubunto mem stress test, and got no errors. The test ive run with was Ortho. Im lost, when i reboot, my ssytem goes to a web page saying it is a error caused by a device or driver. I originally thought it was my Blue ray burner, but i dont run it often, it only seems to happen when i do high end graphics now, and no, i havent set up SLI or am i running it

SO help!!! What else can i do :swearing:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, ive scanned the hard disks, and am told there is no errors, when i run the event viewer im told its two errors, and an application hang. So how do i figure out the application problem!

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i guess im talking to myself, lol, but ive done a cccleaner and a regestry cleaner and played for a couple of hours with shutting down and starting up my rig, and no BSOD yet, is that good, or bad

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this problem, but it was when I switched ram from 2gb to 4gb. The ram was fine I tested it in other computers but I kept getting artifacting and weird colors and horrible performance. When ever I would do graphics intensive stuff i would get the nv4 display error. So I switched back to my 2gb of ram and it works perfectly right now. So maybe your ram doesnt like your board? Or another thing I heard when trying to fix mine is that the speed or your ram is conflicting with the speed of your graphics card? I never figured this out but others said it helped them.

·
Intel Extreme 1366
1,665 Posts
I think I remember that nv4_disp.dll BSOD that I used to have. It might be an indication of an unstable CPU OC or Memory. I first thought it was my GPU OC but after setting it back to stock while still having that BSOD...something was wrong. So I went back and started messing with memory timings...cpu clock...and voltages. Then I managed to stop it while being stable through prime and gaming. If you're still getting that BSOD while everything is at stock settings...then I'm stumped

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pvp309rcp
View Post

I think I remember that nv4_disp.dll BSOD that I used to have. It might be an indication of an unstable CPU OC or Memory. I first thought it was my GPU OC but after setting it back to stock while still having that BSOD...something was wrong. So I went back and started messing with memory timings...cpu clock...and voltages. Then I managed to stop it while being stable through prime and gaming. If you're still getting that BSOD while everything is at stock settings...then I'm stumped

yes i am at stock, i also have run about every performance, ram, and cpu checks, someone has sugested that i reset everything and go from there

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
Try this:

Uninstall all nvidia drivers
use driver sweeper (in safe mode)
install chipset drivers (safe mode)
install GPU drivers
then re-flash your bios

Seen this fix the BSOD before.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by killerhz
View Post

Try this:

Uninstall all nvidia drivers
use driver sweeper (in safe mode)
install chipset drivers (safe mode)
install GPU drivers
then re-flash your bios

Seen this fix the BSOD before.

how do you reflash a bios, ive never done or heard of that before, newbee here

when i also looked back on my graphics driver cd, it indicates 175.19y and everyone is telling me to get higher drivers, could this be the issue??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts