Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is the error i get when im trying to play games

nv4_disp.dll this is blue screen error anybody know how to makt this go away?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
From Microsoft:
Games: "Stop" Error Message That References Nv4_disp.dll

Article ID:325730Last Review:July 18, 2004Revision:3.0
This article was previously published under Q325730
On this Page

SYMPTOMSCAUSERESOLUTION
SYMPTOMS

When you try to run one of the programs listed in the "Applies to" section, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following: STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBFA6EEE4, 0XBA8151374, 0X00000000)KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Nv4_disp.dll - Address BFA6EEE4, base at BF9B8000, Datestamp 3b8f4298

CAUSE

This issue may occur if both of the following conditions are true: •Your computer has a video adapter that is based on an NVIDIA chip set.•Your video adapter drivers are corrupted or outdated.
RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they appear.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

website for more info http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325730

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot
From Microsoft:
Games: "Stop" Error Message That References Nv4_disp.dll

Article ID:325730Last Review:July 18, 2004Revision:3.0
This article was previously published under Q325730
On this Page

SYMPTOMSCAUSERESOLUTION
SYMPTOMS

When you try to run one of the programs listed in the "Applies to" section, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following: STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBFA6EEE4, 0XBA8151374, 0X00000000)KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Nv4_disp.dll - Address BFA6EEE4, base at BF9B8000, Datestamp 3b8f4298

CAUSE

This issue may occur if both of the following conditions are true: •Your computer has a video adapter that is based on an NVIDIA chip set.•Your video adapter drivers are corrupted or outdated.
RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they appear.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

website for more info http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325730
yeah i read that microsoft page but i dont understand it!! lmao sry i updated to 67.02 it seems to be working till now do you think it's becouse of overclocking?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armend
yeah i read that microsoft page but i dont understand it!! lmao sry i updated to 67.02 it seems to be working till now do you think it's becouse of overclocking?
The overclocking could be the reason for the seeming corruption, the fire may be good, but when it is OCed transport it may be getting fragmented or corrputed before it gets processed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts