Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been shadowing the forum for a while and never posted, but I finally need help I can't source myself.

I want to push my MSI 3070 TI Ventus 3X 8G OC further, as my curve and temps are at the best I can achieve within the default VBIOS power limit.

About to install a corsair custom loop with 360mm rad using Bykski 3070 water block so I feel very comfortable pushing more power without creating too much heat.

Can someone link the best recommended VBIOS to increase the power draw on the card? Are there any other options to improve performance? I haven't researched shunt mods much yet?l

I'm rock solid at 2025mhz on 0.981v without hitting the power limit. Any more voltage and it will hit max 290w. Any lower and it will fault/error.

The 3 fan 3070ti suprim seems the logical step for a new bios at 320w limit but I'd like to hear a success story.

Temp during Time Spy maxed at 69c.

During gaming consistent 62-65c.

Open to suggestions please?

DETAILS:

CPU: i7-12700k overclocked to 5.2Ghz

COOLING: ID Cooling Frostflow X 240mm AIO CPU

RAM: 32GB DDR5 overclocked to 6000Mhz

GPU: MSI 3070 TI Ventus 3x 8G OC 2025Mhz @ 0.987v pulling 280-290w (mem clock 1221Mhz [+267])

Time Spy: 15,569 (GPU 15299 and CPU 17306)
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I would try it if it has dual BIOS or you have a CPU and board that has a iGPU so you can flash it again if it does brick.

It's a 2x8 pin card so the best BIOS you can probably run is the EVGA 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra BIOS.

It also has 2x8 pin so that part is compatible, some display outputs might not be working after the flash, but it should give you a nice chunk of extra power to play with. VRAM OC also consumes a lot of power limit so find a balance between core clocks and VRAM clocks. For my 3080 it's faster with lower core clocks but memory pushed way up to +1300.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 12700KF with no IGPU but the board supports it. I'll obviously backup the bios and worst comes to worst I can swap a chip quickly that's supports on board graphics.

I've read that the EVGA bios works well when flashing the non-TI 3070 from MSI.

Is it really that simple as using on board graphics if you brick the card to refresh the original?

I haven't done a flash since my GTX960

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I have a 12700KF with no IGPU but the board supports it. I'll obviously backup the bios and worst comes to worst I can swap a chip quickly that's supports on board graphics.

I've read that the EVGA bios works well when flashing the non-TI 3070 from MSI.

Is it really that simple as using on board graphics if you brick the card to refresh the original?

I haven't done a flash since my GTX960
Most if the time it is. As long as it isn't completely hard bricked and device manager can still recognize it but not output video on it it should flash fine if bricked. I haven't had any modern card I couldn't re flash after a bad flash with that method so far.

• Rep+
Reactions: mikethemidget92

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most if the time it is. As long as it isn't completely hard bricked and device manager can still recognize it but not output video on it it should flash fine if bricked. I haven't had any modern card I couldn't re flash after a bad flash with that method so far.
Amazing thanks for the help. Someone on reddit just posted about seeking the EVGA 3070Ti FTW 3 Ultra Bios as well, haven't looked to see how compatible yet. Bit more nervous about cross brand.

·
Madonion.com
317 Posts
You can flash cards blind of you get the timing right. Power on with the ms-dos flash drive containing nvflash, wait a few seconds. type the commands, hit enter, again wait, then reboot. You don't have to see what you're doing and bios bricked cards are never truly bricked unless the physical bios chip is dead and needs replacing.
But yeah, having a cpu with an integrated graphics can be a life saver in certain situations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts