Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I had a GF4MX420, and I can say that it was very hard to get any performance out of it, and overclocking it didnt help much.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You can overclock them a bit but it's like fine-tuning a 50cc motorbike. It will go faster but when everyone is on a superbike your not really in the race.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

You can overclock them a bit but it's like fine-tuning a 50cc motorbike. It will go faster but when everyone is on a superbike your not really in the race.

anyone know how i can make it look like a piece of s**** like some black screen...screwed up screens...artifacts and stuff? so i can make my parents get me a new one?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

eeer to what evil xp said wouldnt that total damage it?

The man has told you he's Evil..... What more do you want.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: thehacker11

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

It wont survive... Just try it and watch it fry.

yes i have a mx440 with 8x agp and with powerstrip just crank it up the highest it worked for me and i got like 400 frames in medal of honor! haha xp2400 is EVIL!!!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

thanks gibant...u get a rep point
and if i could lol u get a neg point evil xp! u telling me to fry it!

I thought you were trying to break it to get your parents to buy you a new one.... I must have read something wrong...

Oh and I can get a negative, just not from you
. But I dont think that would have been a good reason to rep me - anyways..... It's not like I lied to you or anything... I told you it would FRY.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
u didnt say "fry" u just said remove it and play games....and i said "make it look like a piece of s**** like some black screen...screwed up screens...artifacts and stuff? so i can make my parents get me a new one?" thats what i said LOOK LIKE

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

and a question to armend is that true? pstrip max setting will run fine no artifacts?

I doubt it... But it's different on everycard, also depend's on your case's airflow, and the card's cooling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts