Premium Member
32,931 Posts
Sigh

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk;11918268
which is better? i see in specs the momory clock and core clocks are all different, which is best to use?
I would get an nVidia. I know, I know, I use a 5870 and I'm mostly happy with it, but my next upgrade will be nvidia.

to everyone who thinks he's a troll - just help the guy out, seriously! he only has 22 posts >_>
Fanboyism -
doh.gif

·
Graphics Junkie
995 Posts
Nvidia cards just seem to be less hassle...So they say ATI has better performance...but I prefer the constantly updated drivers and easy to navigate nVidia control panel!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud;11918342
Sigh
lol....i thought the same, uggghh
doh.gif
another ATI/AMD vs Nvidia thread,lol....but to OP, id say Nvidia, even though i have AMD cards. Every release, nvidia ALWAYS comes out with the world's most powerful GPU while ATI comes out with a more bang for your buck $ to power ratio. Plus nvidia drivers are renowned for being elite! and SLI scaling is better than CF, keep in mind that CF scaling can be better than SLI in resolutions 2560x1600 and higher. So, whats the verdict
.........................NVIDIA.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllLeafs;11918395
Nvidia cards just seem to be less hassle...So they say ATI has better performance...but I prefer the constantly updated drivers and easy to navigate nVidia control panel!
Ha if you want constantly upgraded (if you call a driver a month with App Profiles an upgrade)...
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
592 Posts
ati is bang for buck. nvidia is pure performance. both have great products. i just happen to have ati b/c it was cheaper.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllLeafs;11918395
what? did you get the companies mixed up?
from nvidia's driver section of available downloads (including betas) = 10
ati = 12 + all the hotfixes they released
ati puts out a driver pack monthly, nvidia puts out drivers on a as needed bases.
also nvidia has the performance crown for single gpu cards...
I'm not saying either company is bad, cuz I have no preference, but ASAIK ati puts out drivers more frequently.
I personally would go ati ATM until nvidia gets the low gpu issue fixed with bc2, im still pissed that im playing a game and using 40% of my gpu while my frames will dip into the 30's (gtx480)

·
Registered
428 Posts
By the looks of things you're quite new to this?

So Nvidia.
Less hassle with drivers and they have great prices on their cards now.
My GTX 460 1GB plays anything I throw at it with amazing detail, I wouldn't use anything else.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Nivea?

biggrin.gif

Not a fanboy, not biased, I've owned both ATI and Nvidia cards...go with whichever cards you can afford. I will say that Nvidia released drivers (not leaked beta's) have been pure bliss. Then again, I really didn't have ALL of the issues ATI/AMD cards (drivers) have been plagued with. Both excellent lines, in the end, it's up to you.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk;11918268
which is better? i see in specs the momory clock and core clocks are all different, which is best to use?
Guys, you are forgetting about the momory clock. If you factor that into your decision then I'm sure you would get a different answer.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
NVidia = pricier in some cases but folds well.
ATi = can't fold, but better price/performance.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.