Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that these new Beta Drivers have been put up on the NVIDIA Website.Its states that the fan issues have been fixed from the prevoius 196.75 WHQL Drivers
Enjoy!!
It can be downloaded here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...it_197.13.html

Here are the release notes

This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to either 196.21 WHQL drivers or to this 197.13 WHQL-candidate driver.

New in Version 197.13

Adds support for Next Generation ION.
Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).
Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha
View Post

does this one fry cards...?

No kidding, Let's see what Ambient Occlusion does..

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Let's hope [edit] not. LOL

The 196.75's certainly didn't fry my cards, but they were troublesome for me (CTD in a couple of games, killed a Vista widget, and my system took forever to reboot), so I reverted back to the 196.12's and I was fine. I think I'll wait until the WHQL version of these 197.13's are out before I update again.

EDIT: Thanks pm1109 for posting these though!

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pm1109
View Post

J

This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers.

Uhh, yeah. It doesn't.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
Hopefully these drivers will be better than the last one that killed people's cards, because I thought they were extremely buggy.
I tested the last 5 drivers with my sli set up and not one of them helped the tearing in MW2 and RE5 and Dirt2 for that matter.

THe .75 drivers only raised my temps by a few degrees and i saw a noticeable increase in fps over the beta .34

Hope this one will allow finally for us to use sli to its max potential instead of having to disable it and play using one card!! what a waste of cash!

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
Interested in seeing what SLI does for GTA but i think the only difference is you can push the view distance higher without any actual performance boosts?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by startekee
View Post

Did you enable Vsync to stop the tearing

It makes the slightest of difference, still very noticeable in all games, the only thing it makes a difference in is dirt 2, but it suffers badly from frame drop,

without sli i get 100 average @ 1920x1200 / ultra / 8xmsaa
With sli and vsync 24min @ the same

Without sli + vsync enabled solid60fps @ the same
With sli no vsync 140 average @ the same (SERIOUS TEARING)

I run mw2 with vsync on a single gpu and its a solid 60

I just want SLI to work in all games with or without vsync!!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
so far i don't have any problems with these drivers,
the last remnant runs flawless,unreal tournament 3 is flawless as always,
will try a few more games though, and check out the [email protected] performance.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts