Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
This driver is recommended for the StarCraft II beta.

It supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

This release adds compatibility fixes for the StarCraft II beta and for some DirectX 8 applications but is otherwise identical to version 197.13.
From the release notes:

Quote:
Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit Issues

Single GPU Issues:

GeForce 200 Series: Starcraft 2 Betaâ€"the game crashes or flickers. [655988]
Several DirectX 8 applications do not launch correctly. [664818]
Source

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
Jeeze, Nvidia has really been crankin out the drivers lately.....

I don't mind a week or two-weekly update (optional, tho) as long as they get up with improvements and fixes.

I mean, if they make their drivers better, I'm so not complaining. Nor should you.

·
Registered
796 Posts
197.13 didn't play nice with flash (10.1 beta 3). Guessing this doesn't either. Sticking with 196.75 for a while it seems, awesome drivers.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Anyone tried just cause 2 on this ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
im still on 191 from last year. Since nvidia toke away the feature to scale your monitor with the option "adjust desktop size and position" in later versions. It give me the error "current HDTV singal format doesnt not support desktop resizing."
Screw Nvidia for taking away features.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Wonder why Nvidia have pulled 197.15 from the list? I'm uninstalling now just in case it's for the same reason as their previously removed driver.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by orbiter
View Post

Wonder why Nvidia have pulled 197.15 from the list? I'm uninstalling now just in case it's for the same reason as their previously removed driver.

It's because these 197.25 drivers are the exact same, with the added compatibility fix for the SC2 Beta (as well as some DX8 programs). If they kept them on their site, it'd be redundant as they're nearly identical.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Decided to give these a short try anyway. It doesn't seem to crash Flash 10.1 beta 3 like 197.13 did. And they certainly don't perform bad. Just over a 100-point increase in Vantage over the 196.75 WHQL's.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by v193r
View Post

im still on 191 from last year. Since nvidia toke away the feature to scale your monitor with the option "adjust desktop size and position" in later versions. It give me the error "current HDTV singal format doesnt not support desktop resizing."
Screw Nvidia for taking away features.

I could have swore that you meant that...never mind, I get it now, "took", they "took" away the feature.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stance View Post
197.13 didn't play nice with flash (10.1 beta 3). Guessing this doesn't either. Sticking with 196.75 for a while it seems, awesome drivers.

Cool, just watch your GPU temps, lol!

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tested with StarCraft 2 beta, Metro 2033, Bioshock 2 and Batman AA so far. I've tried very hard to find something wrong with this driver. Performance is great (>=186.18) and everything is working perfectly. Zero issues to report. Very promising, probably the best nvidia driver in ages.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hoping the release driver of this beta will be just as good as this one

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFL Replica
View Post

Tested with StarCraft 2 beta, Metro 2033, Bioshock 2 and Batman AA so far. I've tried very hard to find something wrong with this driver. Performance is great (>=186.18) and everything is working perfectly. Zero issues to report. Very promising, probably the best nvidia driver in ages.

This ^

I'm glad I decided to try it out anyway. It's been working excellent with all my games. Serious increase in Vantage points as well, especially my CPU score went up I just noticed. So indeed, probably the best one out there. Plus not using 196.75's anymore feels kind of comforting, even though I've never experienced any of the reported issues with them.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
so i tested out the driver on SC2 beta, here are my results:

settings: all maxed @ 1080p

min-26
max-60
ave-41.394

197.25 - this game lasted like 10 mins shorter than the 197.13 game, but it should be more or less the same. also, i tried my best to play both games as similarly as possible.

min-25
max-70
ave-48.63

it should give you guys an idea but its been pretty good so far. ^_^

1 - 20 of 28 Posts