Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which card is better i have a radeon 9800xt ,i bought the 6800gt and tried it on doom 3 ,half life 2,painkiller,gothic2 and far cry to name a few and every thing looked and played the same except far cry looked like crap compaired to the 9800xt.Need help.

·
Registered
449 Posts
a little bit more info please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackTheRipper

a little bit more info please

Thanks for reply as you can see i am new to computers,i'm trying to find out what motherboard i have any help would be appreciated very much once again thank you.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bios247c

Which card is better i have a radeon 9800xt ,i bought the 6800gt and tried it on doom 3 ,half life 2,painkiller,gothic2 and far cry to name a few and every thing looked and played the same except far cry looked like crap compaired to the 9800xt.Need help.

Dude, you need to do a few things.

1. Uninstall your ATI drivers.

2. Uninstall your Nvidia Drivers.

3. Get the latest version of Forceware drivers from Nvidia's website.

4. Install the drivers and then add the Coolbits registry hack (click Start--->run-->Type "regedit". Then Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\NVIDIA Corporation\\Global\\NVTweak. in the NVTweak section, right click and add a DWORD. Name the string "Coolbits". Double click the string and change the value from "0" to"3". Close the registry editor and restart your PC. Once you are back in windows, right click the desktop and choose properties. Click the settings tab, then the advanced button in the lower corner. This will pull up the display properties. Click the 6800 GT tab. On the pop-out menu there will be an option called Clock Frequency adjustments. Click that and then choose "detect optimal speed". Then check the "apply settings at start-up" radio button. Now click apply. You have OC'ed your 6800 GT!!

5. When you start any game you have to change your video settings for the game! Go to the games video properties and up the resolution to 1600x1200 and turn on AA&AF. You will see a huge difference then. The benefit of the 6800 GT is that you can run AA&AF with no real speed loss (compared to the 9800XT.) Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts