Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Now I have to buy 2 Phase change units...ugh.

Wierd design, seems like they need a bigger board. Cramming all that stuff onto one board is quite a load.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza
View Post

Now I have to buy 2 Phase change units...ugh.

Wierd design, seems like they need a bigger board. Cramming all that stuff onto one board is quite a load.

Imagine that for enthusiasts. You have to have two cascade units, 2 copper slugs, two CPU blocks, two of everything!

That just sucks.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by johonm333
View Post

its sort of like a workstation mobo that has the 680 chipset. good idea, but i though amd was making a true dual core?

AMD Athlon 64 X2s are true dual cores....I think you mean a true quad core which won't be out atleast until summer 2007, this is to compete with Kentsfield until then, from what benches are saying, the cost is about the same (2 dual core AMD CPUs + mobo vs Kentsfield and mobo are about equal) but Kentsfield is the better performer and consumes much less power and puts out much less heat.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

View Post

OMG! this mobo has more features that an $1800 mobo

http://tyan.com/products/html/thundern4250qe.html

Congrats, you just found a 4 Socket AMD Opty board. And yes, it's double the size of the 4x4 board. But, doesn't have SLi support, or nearly as many USB ports, or SATA ports.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Considering this mobo is much better than an $1800 mobo, i am wondering how much this one will cost...

Not that much for sure, its more like a hardcore enthusiast/workstation in one. Lots of potential horsepower, but also if AMD doesnt switch out the processors for something more energy efficient then it will continue on having a ridiculous TDP lol.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ****erfx
View Post

Imagine that for enthusiasts. You have to have two cascade units, 2 copper slugs, two CPU blocks, two of everything!

That just sucks.

SLI, anyone?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.