Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i just bought a motherboar and a nvidia 7600pcie but my motherboard has 6 expansion slots including a pcie and my pc case can only support 4 expansion slots. could i do anything to access the pcie slot or do i have to buy a new pc case

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
i think u have to get a new case. But before u do can u be clear about what u mean by access the pcie slot,is it hiden or will the card just not fit?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
if it will not fit don't force it if u can cut the case then do it or u can just run it without a case for the time till u get a new tower. ( u kno a pic would help a lil i might kno what ur tring to tell me)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have a camera so am going to try to explain more. my case has 4 expansion slots max. my motherboard has 7 expasion slots max. the pcie slot has no space to fit through the case. so its left unoccupied. when i install the gpu it fits but its not visible because there is no hole in the case.

try to imagine it

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
i c what your saying you are prolly going to have to get a new case you could run with out a case till ur able to get a new one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts