1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
That would be sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
While that would be cool, the source is CoolTechZone...
That has got to be the worse hardware site out there.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsource

Here you go: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4348

Kewl thanks for the link. It would be nice if Hexus listed its source, if it all goes back to CoolTechZone, than that info is not worth squat though. I guess we'll find out in Februrary. It definitely makes sense for nVIDIA to give loving to AGP users, they still greatly outnumber PCI Express users at the moment.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm glad, I would have to upgrade my power supply and mother board to go to PCI-E. I hope they make more AGP card in the future. And I still think PCI-E is pointless, not even even a 7800GTX or X1800 XT uses all the bandwidth. I have forgotten the link to this information (they only use about AGP 4x bandwidth). The only plus is crossfire and SLI.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
And i am pretty sure AGP cant handle higher amounts of memory on the card that pci express can.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
As of right now there is nothing that AGP can't do that PCI-E can except for running SLI...If you are building a new machine then I would go PCI-E just for future proofing needs because AGP is starting to go out of style. However if you have an existing AGP machine then this is going to finally be an upgrade for the AGP people that have 6800GT's and Ultras that need an upgrade...

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider_2001

As of right now there is nothing that AGP can't do that PCI-E can except for running SLI...If you are building a new machine then I would go PCI-E just for future proofing needs because AGP is starting to go out of style. However if you have an existing AGP machine then this is going to finally be an upgrade for the AGP people that have 6800GT's and Ultras that need an upgrade...

People with 6800GT's and Ultra's shouldn't need an upgrade right now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsource

And why is it that PCI-Express cards arent using all of the possible bandwidth?

Hardware always outpaces software. Software engineers must be given time to fully exploit the new technology, or what you'll get is a piece of junk.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by decimate

People with 6800GT's and Ultra's shouldn't need an upgrade right now...

Hardware always outpaces software. Software engineers must be given time to fully exploit the new technology, or what you'll get is a piece of junk.

Gotcha.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Mongoose

375mhz core? that seems a little slow since my 5950ultra is at 475..

That dosen't really matter, considering its a 7-Series Card, the actual GPU is much more advanced than any of its predecessors. More complex circuitry, everything, its just an overall better card, clocks don't matter unless its in the same Series as the other card you're comparing it to.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Mongoose

375mhz core? that seems a little slow since my 5950ultra is at 475..

The 5950Ultra has 8 pipes while the 7800GS will have 16 pipes. Plus each pipe on the 7800 is more efficient than each pipe on the 5950.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexd618

i ordered my 6800gs 3 days ago
lol

lmao dude, don't worry, you won't be dissapointed w/ your GS. Wait... You ordered the AGP Version?!

EDIT: just checked on the egg.. yep, its out. well thats on my birthday list. fu** the ipod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts