Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title basically explains it all. I'm trying to add games like AvP or BFBC2 and change the pre-rendered frames settings.

Google searching only came up with changing nvwsapps.xml and nvapps.xml to be allowed by all users but that didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Does this solve your issue?
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=266829

Most notably this post, by Lynn335:

Quote:

Found the solution.
You will need to manually enter the dlls that control the control panel into the registry.

HOW TO:
(For Vista)
1. Go to c:\\WINDOWS\\System32
2. Click on cmd.exe and then r-click on this file. Choose "Run as admin..."
3. Now type into this window:
regsvr32 nvdisps.dll
(NOTE: Type carefully. There is a space between "regsvr32" and "nvdisps.dll".)
4. Press enter. Wait.
5. Then repeat steps "3." and "4." for each of these:
regsvr32 nvgames.dll
regsvr32 nvmccss.dll
regsvr32 nvmobls.dll
regsvr32 nvvitvs.dll
regsvr32 nvwss.dll

That should take care of the problem. The problem is that the installer *.inf file doesn't load the dlls into the registry.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I see. Have you tried a clean install of the drivers? as in, uninstall, safe mode, driver sweeper, back to normal mode, download latest drivers, reinstall?

Also, since youre using Vista, it might solve the issue if you disable User Account Control (requires a restart) before reinstalling the drivers. I once had issues installing something that actually required UAC to be completely disabled (just pressing Continue didnt help) before it would work. Alternatively, right click -> Run As Administrator? I dont know if that would let you bypass disabling UAC, but its your call.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that when I get home, I have had problems installing drivers before but I never installed them that way. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grayfox99
View Post

I see. Have you tried a clean install of the drivers? as in, uninstall, safe mode, driver sweeper, back to normal mode, download latest drivers, reinstall?

Also, since youre using Vista, it might solve the issue if you disable User Account Control (requires a restart) before reinstalling the drivers. I once had issues installing something that actually required UAC to be completely disabled (just pressing Continue didnt help) before it would work. Alternatively, right click -> Run As Administrator? I dont know if that would let you bypass disabling UAC, but its your call.

yes do this its the best way!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK well I did something wrong...

I uninstalled the drivers using device manager, then I restarted to Safe Mode. I cleaned them out again using Driver Cleaner Pro. Now when I restart I get the BSOD, normally I would just system restore to fix the BSOD, but I have no restore points.

Any help?

*UPDATE*: I got 196.21 drivers installed but I still get BSOD when I reboot to normal mode. Is this a known problem? My old drivers are completely whipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts