Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if many have seen this setup for Quad core SLi 7800GTX SLi but..here it is.

Appologies if it has been posted.

cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
lol, I just wanna see a program(except Benchmark-Progs) which really need so much power! But this thing must be awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
To bad there is no CPU out that wont get bottlenecked...Yeah it would be awesome to have 4 7800GTX GPUS even a FX-60 would get held back...

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
I believe a FX-60 bottlenecks even one GTX... though I may be thinking of the GTX 512.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Does anyone esle think the Fire case is kind of dumb...I mean yeah it looks cool but I would rather it be handmade all aluminum.

Also, price????? My guess is $8,000, plus they are ruinining it with Intel Chips, they need a FX-60 or 62 rather and OC that puppy.

a 955D at 4.25GHz and 2GB of DDR600 @ 667MHz is pretty damn fast if you ask me, but I think they could have done better

http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/ces/index.htm

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
The computer will be by no means slow, it has a dual core at 4.25, even if it IS Intel that is still faster than heck.

And 6600GT, ok 4 graphics cards.. . But they arnt in SLI or anything.

And Namrac, a FX-60 does not even un "bottleneck" a 6800GT, not even a 6800 likely. Graphic technology moves alot faster than CPU's, but the one fact remains still, the faster the graphics card, the more fps, no matter what CPU basically.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Those arnt the same cards. Those are 2 7800GT's on 1 PCB in SLI. The ones on the dell is 4 7800GTX 512 that is officially supported by Nvidia and is made just for them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
woooow that is some uber pc... i would seriously kill for a rig with 4 7800 gtx's in...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

Those arnt the same cards. Those are 2 7800GT's on 1 PCB in SLI. The ones on the dell is 4 7800GTX 512 that is officially supported by Nvidia and is made just for them.

I knew they wern't the same make of cards card, but I didn't read it properly

Still, I just thought people would like to see similar benches. Obviously the Dell*shudders* has been professionaly developed and obviously performs better.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Quote:

The computer will be by no means slow, it has a dual core at 4.25, even if it IS Intel that is still faster than heck.

And 6600GT, ok 4 graphics cards.. . But they arnt in SLI or anything.

And Namrac, a FX-60 does not even un "bottleneck" a 6800GT, not even a 6800 likely. Graphic technology moves alot faster than CPU's, but the one fact remains still, the faster the graphics card, the more fps, no matter what CPU basically.

That dell's quad gpu setup uses SLI? Read around they use two SLI bridges also . This is true Quad SLI

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

That dell's quad gpu setup uses SLI? Read around they use two SLI bridges also . This is true Quad SLI

Its like 4 PCB's connected and going through a single PCI-E 16x I think as well.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corned_beef

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/...uad_gpu_setup/

Was on toms hardware a while back. But the bench's arnt that impressive to be honest. Mostly this was because of the driver support for 4 GPU's.

edit: Obviously, the benches are impressive, but I mean compared to just normal SLI'ed 7800's, its not that much of a gain.

Those are the dual 7800GT's these are 4 full 7800GTX's.....totally different

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

Those are the dual 7800GT's these are 4 full 7800GTX's.....totally different

4 7800GTX 512s

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Quote:

4 7800GTX 512s

ahhh damn! thats things awsome, but seriously one is enough hahah....i mean 4 is just bragging rights

1 - 20 of 24 Posts