Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Vampyr and Jurassic World Evolution

Driver download Windows 10 64-bit

Driver download for all other versions/operating systems

Release notes

·
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Works fine with 1080 Ti SLI, have been using them all day and playing Far Cry 5 without issue.

·
waifu for lifu
11,326 Posts
Thank you. I got some blue screens playing DSR on the prior driver. Lets see how this one works.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it bad that I still use some kind of an old nvidia driver ver 382.19? I still haven't updated the drivers for over a year, and when I did I kinda saw no difference, I'm rolling back now.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Is it bad that I still use some kind of an old nvidia driver ver 382.19? I still haven't updated the drivers for over a year, and when I did I kinda saw no difference, I'm rolling back now.
Do you rollback every other driver installed on your PC too? Or do you see a difference in every single one of those when they're updated?

·
Water-cooler
1,685 Posts
There is more to a driver update than gaming compatibility and performance. Nvidia patches for security issues in the driver updates as well.

·
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are several bug fixes, new and updated profiles for games/software and important security updates. Should also be several performance improvements for many games/programs, with compatibility for new software as well.

No reason not to update, especially when you are on a driver that is over a year old.

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
and I just installed 397.93 this morning....

Nvidia is pooping out drivers left and right past few months.

·
Fantastic Mr Fox
5,859 Posts

Depends on your hardware. If it's recent, it's probably a good idea. If you're running something from the 900 series or earlier then you can expect improvements somewhere between negligible and insignificant.

·
Iconoclast
30,437 Posts
No reason not to update, especially when you are on a driver that is over a year old.
Plenty of reason not to update if one isn't experiencing any issues.

However, rolling back a driver update just because one didn't notice any changes is at least as pointless.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Update from 388.13 to 398.11 ! Clean Win10 install/updated.

Tested w/ Doom 1080p Ultra maximized, 10% more FPS ! GTX1060 6Gb / FX-8350 4.1~5.3Ghz

388.13 :
min: 118
avg: 122
max: 126

398.11:
min: 134
avg: 137
max: 140

If you play DOOM, and use one older driver (about 9 months or more), go for it !

=D

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Working great on my Titan Xp. Looking forward to playing Jurassic World Evolution on Tuesday with this "optimized" driver.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,036 Posts
I lost the 10bit option with this driver....

Edit: NVM DP patch broke it.

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts
Update from 388.13 to 398.11 ! Clean Win10 install/updated.

Tested w/ Doom 1080p Ultra maximized, 10% more FPS ! GTX1060 6Gb / FX-8350 4.1~5.3Ghz

388.13 :
min: 118
avg: 122
max: 126

398.11:
min: 134
avg: 137
max: 140

If you play DOOM, and use one older driver (about 9 months or more), go for it !

=D
Is that Doom running in Vulkan mode or OpenGL mode?

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,036 Posts
Still got it here.

Yeah for some reason i get it over HDMI but not DP... I think maybe the DP patch might have broke it. Rolling back didn't fix it so. I guess it wasn't the driver then.. :eek:

I wish they would allow you to change to 10bit with a custom refresh rate. Should be able to do 50hz 10bit 4:4:4. :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts