Votes: 12 50.0%
  • NVidia GeForce 7900GS

Votes: 12 50.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im not sure which one to get need some help. So which one would be better with just OCing no Volt mods ? Cuz ATI is better in fps with all the good stuff turned on right ?

Or should i just wait untill ATI release there new card, cuz its coming out sometime in January right ? Cuz that should bring the prices down with the new card comeing out ?

Cuz i plan to keep it say 1-2 years before upgrading again

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
The x1900GT is more comparable to a 7900GT; plus it can run AA w/HDR. Which none of the 7*** series GPUs can.

Go for the x1900GT.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05 View Post
The x1900GT is more comparable to a 7900GT; plus it can run AA w/HDR. Which none of the 7*** series GPUs can.

Go for the x1900GT.
Couldn't have said it better.

On another note:
Just wait for theobz to say 7900GS

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenepvd View Post
For Overclocking ATI beats "ALLWAYS"
lol nah

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cuz is there voltage settings for the X1900GT or only voit mods ??
like using ATITool

Is there ppl that can show me some benches of the both with them OCed with no voit mods if any

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentry21 View Post
I think the 7900gs looks alot cooler
what do you mean how it looks in games? or the way the card looks? cuz it doesnt matter how it looks to me, at lest its good in games and looks good while doing it

·
Banned
2,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05 View Post
I really hate when people say that. They CAN run HDR+AA but it depends on what kind of HDR the engine uses.

Most games use a pre-written code for HDR, if HDR does not work with a 7 series then the game makers are lazy.

LL

·
Registered
866 Posts
You like to say "cuz" alot

I saw ppl OC to 545/828 with stock cooling(x1900gt)

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaRaDoX
View Post

I really hate when people say that. They CAN run HDR+AA but it depends on what kind of HDR the engine uses.

Most games use a pre-written code for HDR, if HDR does not work with a 7 series then the game makers are lazy.

SM3 HDR, you know what I'm talking about. You don't have to get all high and mighty, and shove the source engine in my face...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ummm Volt mod the GS and you sorta have a 7900GTX which will kill the x1900GT

·
Banned
2,708 Posts
It depends on how you look at it.

Shader model 2.0 lighting precision is confined to 8 bit integers, which limited the contrast ratio to 256:1. Using the HVS color model, the value (V), or brightness of a color has a range of 0 - 255. This means the brightest white (a value of 255) is only 255 times brighter than the darkest shade above pure black

Lighting calculations were integer based, which didn't offer much accuracy because the real world is not confined to whole numbers

Shader Model 3.0's lighting precision has a minimum of 32-bits as opposed to 2.0's 8-bit minimum. Also all lighting precision calculations are floating-point based. NVIDIA states that contrast ratios using Shader Model 3.0 can be as high as 65535:1 using 32-bit lighting precision

FP16 and FP32 just cant use MSAA so valve wrote there own HDR, it's real SM2/3 it just does not use integers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay which is better if I where to volt mod all these X1950PRO, X1900GT, 7600GS, 7600GT cuz i think is going to come down to that if im not going to want to get a new card latter down the line

In GAMES not just for FPS but for how good its going to look

1 - 20 of 36 Posts