Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a ABIT AI7 mobo with 1 gig DDR 400 ram and a 2.0 Celeron with the FX9550 256mb card. I play planetside and on my best days I will push 20FPS. I have uninstall all the drivers and ran the clearn tools and then reinstall one driver and then used NVTweak to detect the setting for the clock and mem but I still get bad FPS. Now I do run a 300w PSU, can this kill the FPS in a game by not giving the card the power it needs? or any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
sounds like a comination of your celeron and low power psu...

wait for an intel guru to comment though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, well I do plan on getting a new PSU here soon also a new CPU in april, just driving me nuts for now is all.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
itrs totally that celeron. u have a really fast vido card, but its being horibly bottlenecked by that cpu. also the new power supply would be good, and it might help getting better fps, but i dont think that would be too much.
for now, theres nothing u can do till you get the new ones besides OCing your cpu.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
get a nu psu and processor - that celeron has the same performance of a 1.5~1.6 p4 williamite (nasty) this is killin ur graphics , i had a 9700 pro in a 1.6 p4(williamite) and it got bout 27 fps in vice city . oc that mofo to bout 3 (with nu cooling to get a worthy fps )

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can swingthe cost of this cpu - will that do the job?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...116-178&depa=1

Intel Pentium 4/ 2.4A GHz 533MHz FSB, Prescott Core, 1MB L2 Cache - Retail

Model# BX80546PE2400E
Item # N82E16819116178

Specifications:
Model: Intel Pentium 4
Core: Prescott
Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz
FSB: 533MHz
Cache: L1/12K+16K, L2/1MB
Socket: Socket 478
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Warranty: 3-year MFG
Packaging: Retail (with Heatsink/Fan)

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
that would help a lot

too bad you cant afford and lga775 motherboard though.. an lga775 cpu would be awesome

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
yes, that 2.4 will do a nice job... itll overclock quite well also

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
get a P4 2.26GHZ or above
. or wait for a P5. and get a 400 W Enermax or Antec or aspie and ur fine. its ur PSU and processor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

that would help a lot

too bad you cant afford and lga775 motherboard though.. an lga775 cpu would be awesome

I could get the mobo but then I would be out of cash for the cpu =)

Thanks all - I am going to check the web for prices, but I aways end up back at newegg some how...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts