Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me? I'm using a i7-920 here with an EX58-UD3R motherboard, seems like there wasn't any onboard video chipset so I just took my old FX 5500 and put it in one of the two PCI slots available.

I installed windows 7, but there were no drivers for that card (On windows 7)
So I just took the Vista X64 one and installed it, it ran okay, but i'm getting lag (0.5 sec), when i'm writing, scrolling down, login in, it didn't do that with my old rig.

What's going on? Bad drivers? I can't seem to find good ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no drivers for this card on Windows 7 (I checked though Nvidia.com)
That's why I used forceware 96.85 from the available Vista X64 driver.
 

·
Audiofool
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
Do you have Aero turned on? If so, try turning it off. That FX 5500 probably can't handle all of the transparencies or something.

If there's no correct drivers for it, then you're basically stuck. If you're not going to be gaming on that computer, I'd recommend picking up a Radeon HD 4350 or GeForce 8400GS asap as that'll correct your problem and won't cost you more than $35
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thing is that I don't have any left budget atm (I do, but I plan to buy a powerful GPU in end december, such as a 5850)

Everything is set for performance in Windows 7 settings, no candy eye here, and it still lags.

Thing I could try is install Vista 64bit... I guess it's the only way left.
 

·
Audiofool
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by yann3804
View Post

Well, thing is that I don't have any left budget atm (I do, but I plan to buy a powerful GPU in end december, such as a 5850)

Everything is set for performance in Windows 7 settings, no candy eye here, and it still lags.

Thing I could try is install Vista 64bit... I guess it's the only way left.

If Win 7 is too much for it, I can't see Vista as being much better. But, I guess it would be the correct driver. If possible, you could go back to XP x64 until you get your 5850.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Hey man I have a MSI Geforce 5200 fx and I let windows 7 install the driver for me. This seemed to work for me. Mine is an AGP though so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just installed WinXp x64. Works flawlessly! Wow, now I can feel the raw power of my i7!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,660 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yann3804 View Post
Just installed WinXp x64. Works flawlessly! Wow, now I can feel the raw power of my i7!
Glad its working. Im just worried the card is being bottlenecked with that I7
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,038 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mr. Stroker
View Post

Glad its working. Im just worried the card is being bottlenecked with that I7


OMG YES u must OC your cpuz immediately b4 the bottlenex come and killz u!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,660 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

OMG YES u must OC your cpuz immediately b4 the bottlenex come and killz u!!!

The extreme pressure in the bottleneck could cause it to shatter. Upon hitting the cpu fan the glass shards could fly out and puncture a main artery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
I dont understand why your fx5500 lags on win7 because my bro used to have an FX5500, Sempron singlecore and it ran the win7 trial version flawlessly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,699 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by edalbkrad
View Post

I dont understand why your fx5500 lags on win7 because my bro used to have an FX5500, Sempron singlecore and it ran the win7 trial version flawlessly

The real question is... how are you running SLI on a 6100 board?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,038 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mr. Stroker
View Post

The extreme pressure in the bottleneck could cause it to shatter. Upon hitting the cpu fan the glass shards could fly out and puncture a main artery.

OCN has already lost 5 good men this week alone
!!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top