Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to overhaul my Mom's PC, which my 15 year old sister also plays a couple games on. I've finally narrowed it down to the nVidia GT 740 and like I said in the title I would prefer the EVGA GT 740 1GB FTW model:01G-P4-3742-KR

Amazon sells it for $74.99 shipped and there is actually a $10MIR right now making it $64.99.

I am probably going to go ahead and purchase it by the end of the week from Amazon, but I wanted to give someone a chance to sell their GT 740 if anyone has one that they don't need and need the money more. I'm obviously not going to pay more than $75 shipped for it, but I'll forget about the extra $10MIR if I do happen to buy it from someone on OCN.

This community has helped me out so much over the past 8 years or so that I have been a member that I like to try and give back in anyway I can. I wish I could do more for the community, but I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Tumors a little over a year ago and suffer from severe chronic pain in my abdomen that prevents me from being able to work. My lawyer is trying to get me approved for disability, but it is becoming a very long battle with Social Security. I'm really starting to miss upgrading my rig every few months
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If your mothers computer has enough power (PSU size / age) I would suggest one of THESE. Even if you did need a new PSU, I'm sure you could find a cheap one in the Marketplace that will be well within your budget and put out more than enough power.

Much cheaper than the GT740 and it'll power anything your mother and sister throw at it for years to come.

·
I fix Stuff
5,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnt View Post

If your mothers computer has enough power (PSU size / age) I would suggest one of THESE. Even if you did need a new PSU, I'm sure you could find a cheap one in the Marketplace that will be well within your budget and put out more than enough power.

Much cheaper than the GT740 and it'll power anything your mother and sister throw at it for years to come.
Sorry to rain on your thoughtful suggestion but the last thread Dark Volker started was specifically looking for an nvidia graphics card and not ati/amd.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1534183/looking-for-suggestions-for-an-nvidia-graphics-card

And it also seems they had already purchased a 740 shortly after posting this ad.
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I didn't stalk all his latest posts
tongue.gif

I was just throwing it out there for the price and the power of it. If it's Nvidia only, could always go with THIS. Plus one of them is an EVGA card.

Op looking for a 740, linked to a 470. see what I did there?
wink.gif

·
I fix Stuff
5,417 Posts
Quote:
i say again, They were looking for specifically nvidia and from their post it was already purchased.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1534183/looking-for-suggestions-for-an-nvidia-graphics-card/10#post_23370840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volker View Post

Thanks for the input and that great offer, but I went ahead and ordered the EVGA GTX 740 FTW GPU for my Mom and sister's PC. It was on sale for $74.99 with free shipping and an extra $10 MIR so I really couldn't pass it up considering it is an $89-$99 card and is actually a lot better than what they needed. They could have easily gotten by with a GTX 720 1GB for at least a couple or years so I thnk I did good.

Searching for a GPU for this build makes me want to start searching for a new GPU for mine to upgrade from my EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Edition. This GTX 750 Ti has been a great GPU for me. I think it is the best chioce I've made in new GPU's for quite some time now. I would almost hate to get rid of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts