Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vandelay Industries
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Thinking about cleaning that hob mantle and backsplash makes me cringe.

Oooh and is that a crocodile coat? Ahh he changed coats 3/4 way though!

·
Vandelay Industries
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the premise, but may be difficult for Nvidia if their acquisition gets blocked. If it does I'm sure (I'm not sure) it'll be a "joint" venture.

·
Zen
1,110 Posts
That's the premise, but may be difficult for Nvidia if their acquisition gets blocked. If it does I'm sure (I'm not sure) it'll be a "joint" venture.
None of the stuff they showed today requires ARM acquisition to go through.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Are they using some kind of integrated power stages with FETs on top of the inductors? What the heck am I looking at?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
What the heck am I looking at?
Your next computer. Nvidia GPUs are basically self contained supercomputers and it no longer makes sense for them to rely on the CPU for instructions. I hope they release a GPU with 48GB shared VRAM and a SoC CPU that doesn’t even require a motherboard.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah that was the closest thing I could find too.

Your next computer. Nvidia GPUs are basically self contained supercomputers and it no longer makes sense for them to rely on the CPU for instructions. I hope they release a GPU with 48GB shared VRAM and a SoC CPU that doesn’t even require a motherboard.
Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for, a single chip with GPU and CPU that actually kicks ass. Having them on the same board works too I guess. What I think would be really cool is an FPGA with tons of cores that can be configured on the fly for graphics or regular compute tasks. Imagine if a chip could balance itself when gaming, designating the exact ratio for compute and 3D that is needed to put 100% of the chip to use. No CPU bottlenecking the GPU or GPU bottlenecking the CPU. 🤔

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Yes
Yeah that was the closest thing I could find too.

Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for, a single chip with GPU and CPU that actually kicks ass. Having them on the same board works too I guess. What I think would be really cool is an FPGA with tons of cores that can be configured on the fly for graphics or regular compute tasks. Imagine if a chip could balance itself when gaming, designating the exact ratio for compute and 3D that is needed to put 100% of the chip to use. No CPU bottlenecking the GPU or GPU bottlenecking the CPU. 🤔
Yes, no more PCIE bottlenecking either. The CPU will be on the same PCB as the GPU with optical traces inbetween. In 10 years the whole concept of buying a “card” and sticks of memory and slotting them into a motherboard with RGB lights will seem as ridiculous as a Honda Civic with a body kit and neon lights. You won’t have to build and tune your computer anymore, courtesy of Nvidia.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not with y'all on that enthusiasm. What I see is a need to replace an entire system now instead of a single component to remain relevant. I like the modularity of today's systems.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I'm not with y'all on that enthusiasm. What I see is a need to replace an entire system now instead of a single component to remain relevant. I like the modularity of today's systems.
You should get into retro computing. Even the cards have card slots! The YT channel Lazy Game Reviews is a great place to start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts