41 - 60 of 5159 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain;12882744
YOU sir are a fail sonar tech. You should have all that stuff ready
biggrin.gif

How much rad do you think would be needed for cooling them/everything?

I am only using a 140.1 and 120.3 for everything... I was at least thinking of replacing the 140.1 with another 120.3 for 2 x 120.3... I am not sure though.
I am going for overkill cause on OCN there is no such thing;). I ordered a rad,compression fittings, new psu, tubing too. Block for the.gpus I want won't be available till later this week. Koolance is the best for NVIDIA gpus.
Oh rads ill be using is two Rx480 rads
Check out my log in Sig(upgrade time)

·
Retired Moderation
10,698 Posts
Here is a qoute from another thread I'd like the GTX 590 owners to look at and please feel free to make comment in that particular thread regarding this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque;12881754
The cheap VRMs on the 590 will limit any OC potential.

The 6990 with a waterblock will be a monster. And without any risk of black smoke coming out when raising the voltage a tiny tiny little bit.
smile.gif

Buy the 6990, put a waterblock on it, OC it like crazy. WIN.

Buy the 590, put a waterblock on it, ''try'' to OC it, black smoke coming out, Nvidia says it's your fault. FAIL.
Very incorrect, please feel free to respond. GTX590 vs. HD6990

·
Registered
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian;12886743
Here is a qoute from another thread I'd like the GTX 590 owners to look at and please feel free to make comment in that particular thread regarding this.

Very incorrect, please feel free to respond. GTX590 vs. HD6990
Don't let those haters get into your head...it's not worth it ~
smile.gif

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi, Alatar

I'm in~
tongue.gif

dscn2997s.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Just for the laugh
lachen.gif
:

gtx590epicfailtechpower.jpg

CHEERS..

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
really guys? I think all of us in this club have seen those already. There is absolutely no reason to post them if you're only going to be trolling.

I agree that the VRM issue might be a real problem with the cards but if you have nothing to add or nothing that you want to discuss then would you please refrain from trolling.

Thanks you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar;12885892
Whoops CSHawkeye didn't notice you had an overclock according to GPU-Z, corrected.
Yeah right now I am messing with 700/1800 right now. Idle its at 34/36c for both cores and full load 87/87 now.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSHawkeye;12888256
Yeah right now I am messing with 700/1800 right now. Idle its at 34/36c for both cores and full load 87/87 now.
if you want that 700mhz listed, post a gpu-z link, screenie etc.
smile.gif

But anyways, have you raised the volts at all? and have you benchmarked the card to see if the OCP is kicking in?

·
Premium Member
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar;12888289
if you want that 700mhz listed, post a gpu-z link, screenie etc.
smile.gif

But anyways, have you raised the volts at all? and have you benchmarked the card to see if the OCP is kicking in?
From what I've fooled around with, 800mhz+ is possible at 1.00 ~ I can't really test it out formally until tomorrow, though.

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
I have seen in a Spanish forum that Nvidia has pronounced themselves about the 590 burning issue.

They've said they will actually limit the GTX590's OC, so it won't OC at all...

Who would spend 700€ on a high-end enthusiast card which will be capped and have no OC?

This is a joke... They've also said, people who burnt their cards OC'ed it with heavy voltages of up to 1.2v, and they will not take care of those cards.... Seriously?...

My friend's GTX590 which died yesterday had NO OC AT ALL!!! And it still died while the only thing he did was play Crysis 1...

Will they replace him the card? If they don't, I'm going to be quite dissapointed at Nvidia, he's already quite mad he didn't pick up the HD6990 or x2 570 instead...

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
There should be a rule to keep AMD fanboys out of Nvidia club threads.

Anyone who has bought the 590 is already aware of the pro's and cons. They act like they're sharing revolutionary news that no one is aware of. Go spread your negativity in the AMD forums.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I have been thrilled with my 590. I've been waiting for a single card solution for a while now because I have only one pcie slot available.

Could we see voltages listed with the overclocked cards? I think it would help everyone get an idea of what is achievable with 5 vrm's per gpu.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the EVGA Classified cards come overclocked at 630MHz so OverK1LL should have that on the list. I cant wait to see that thing in a loop. I've been drooling over the EK blocks. Definitely going to consider water for my next build.

41 - 60 of 5159 Posts