Overclock.net banner
61 - 80 of 5159 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;12889083
There should be a rule to keep AMD fanboys out of Nvidia club threads.

Anyone who has bought the 590 is already aware of the pro's and cons. They act like they're sharing revolutionary news that no one is aware of. Go spread your negativity in the AMD forums.
I'm not a fanboy.... Not at all, I have another rig with a GTX570 and another with a GTX285...

I'm just saying, It's sad to see this happen, my friend is quite sad because of his dead GTX590
frown.gif

And again, I'm not a fanboy of ANY brand, Intel or AMD, have both, Nvidia or AMD, I have both. Don't get the wrong view of me, Im not a fanboy.
gunner2.gif

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag;12888890
snip
if you want to have a discussion about that then please post some proof first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;12889083
There should be a rule to keep AMD fanboys out of Nvidia club threads.

Anyone who has bought the 590 is already aware of the pro's and cons. They act like they're sharing revolutionary news that no one is aware of. Go spread your negativity in the AMD forums.
exactly. There was no reason to post the sweclockers vid etc. We know what we're getting into. And I'm quite sure all of us are going to be happy with our purchases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer;12889084
I don't know about you guys but I have been thrilled with my 590. I've been waiting for a single card solution for a while now because I have only one pcie slot available.

Could we see voltages listed with the overclocked cards? I think it would help everyone get an idea of what is achievable with 5 vrm's per gpu.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the EVGA Classified cards come overclocked at 630MHz so OverK1LL should have that on the list. I cant wait to see that thing in a loop. I've been drooling over the EK blocks. Definitely going to consider water for my next build.
Glad to see you enjoying your card
smile.gif
I can only hope that mine comes in tomorrow. Oh and I didn't know about the EVGA ones being clocked higher. so the stock setting in those is 630mhz, but I guess we can still mark them as OCs.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag;12889149
I'm not a fanboy.... Not at all, I have another rig with a GTX570 and another with a GTX285...

I'm just saying, It's sad to see this happen, my friend is quite sad because of his dead GTX590
frown.gif

And again, I'm not a fanboy of ANY brand, Intel or AMD, have both, Nvidia or AMD, I have both. Don't get the wrong view of me, Im not a fanboy.
gunner2.gif
Funny, but I wasn't talking about you in particular, yet you took it to heart? I'm talking about in general, check out the other posts.

It sucks that your buddy's card died, surely the warranty covers that. So, he's not out the money for it.

I haven't been following that story, but, what drivers was he using?

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar;12889160
Oh and I didn't know about the EVGA ones being clocked higher. so the stock setting in those is 630mhz, but I guess we can still mark them as OCs.
scratch that, I'm gonna list any EVGA 630mhz cards as stock ones.

·
Premium Member
6,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;12889169
Something cool to add to the club.

good post ,thanks for sharing this:thumb:

·
Registered
635 Posts
There is a lot of drama generated by this launch!

I'll get my card on monday, and enjoy every bit of it. I won't try to bypass OCP or all those things cause it doesn't make sense to me.

W1ZZARD from TPU, is working on bypassing OCP from the beginning of the GTX5** launch...
He helps people frying cards, I guess they get a stupid grin on their faces from doing so...must be a "drug' to them..sniffing burnt VRM vapors...
drum.gif

Anyway, to be honest, I'm glad I got the EVGA, for the little overclock, and the lifetime warranty...just to stay on the safe side.

IF my card burns at stock clocks (factory oc), then we'll talk...if it lasts me years, i'll be laughing....I needed a new card, drawing less than SLI 570s and this is what I bought...

To me, it's not an offense that this 590 doesn't beat SLI 580s...I don't think it was the goal anyway...

some people need to get real...

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;12889180
Funny, but I wasn't talking about you in particular, yet you took it to heart? I'm talking about in general, check out the other posts.

It sucks that your buddy's card died, surely the warranty covers that. So, he's not out the money for it.

I haven't been following that story, but, what drivers was he using?
He used the latest nvidia drivers, he knew about the CD drivers issue so he didn't even touch the CD.

Let's hope this gets sorted out soon, I really like the GTX590, and I was about to buy one... I will wait 1-2 weeks to see how things go, really need a dual card on single pcb for my future build in about a month, I think GTX590 will be the candidate
biggrin.gif

If I end up buying it, what brand should I be looking at here in Europe?

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag;12889466
He used the latest nvidia drivers, he knew about the CD drivers issue so he didn't even touch the CD.

Let's hope this gets sorted out soon, I really like the GTX590, and I was about to buy one... I will wait 1-2 weeks to see how things go, really need a dual card on single pcb for my future build in about a month, I think GTX590 will be the candidate
biggrin.gif

It's definitely wise to wait, and keep an eye on this thread to see if more cards die at stock.

What are your choices and prices?

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;12889169
Something cool to add to the club.

that is indeed a really cool setup. I would love to try that out but I'm afraid that I do not have the space to even think about using projectors anywhere. I also wonder how do all the reviewers always find so bad computer gamers
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag;12889466

biggrin.gif

Off topic: Where do you work on ramstein homey?

·
Premium Member
16,551 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilex
View Post

Off topic: Where do you work on ramstein homey?

LOL!!!!!!!!

You're also in the Air Base? Are you kidding?

·
Software Developer
7,238 Posts
More information for the main post:
Reviews
Water Blocks

This message from ManuelG.

A link to the latest drivers of course:
x64 http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...85-driver.html
x86 http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...85-driver.html

For the spread sheet, the members list should probably go on it, with Core voltage, core speed, shader speed, memory speed.

A different tab for benchmarks, also isolating each benchmark to have separate tabs for 3DMark11/3DMarkVantage/Unigine/StoneGiant any other demos, such as Crysis, FarCry 2, AvP, or Metro2033.

We could run leaderboards, we can also do notes (bugs) discovered in certain games with certain drivers.

·
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)
777 Posts
Just letting everyone know:

I got a bluescreen last night from running a 3DMARK Vantage Extreme run. (This was at stock)

It didn't bluescreen for the 3DMARK Vantage Performance run right before that one though, so it might have been a heat issue.... I am not sure at this point because I wasn't running any kind of logging.

Here is my run: http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3023525

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Mine is on the way...I will have it Tuesday and I will update with pictures and OC ability.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
is anyone seeing throttling with their overclocks? masked said he isn't seeing it and he is above the 700mhz that Pedro is proclaiming to be where it beings at.

it could be the waterblock helping avoid it.

·
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)
777 Posts
I just ran a 3Dmark 11 performance run and something isn't quite right! (This is still at stock clocks)

Here is the link: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/915012

That is a horribly low score and the fps in the tests was slowly increasing as the test progressed. I was seeing increments of .1 fps every half second. The fps started low and ended slightly higher.....

Is that normal? Is this what the throttling does?

edit: Just looked over the logs, yea the card is getting clocked down and the voltage is decreased in the middle of the run, the temperature increases to 70 C and then drops down to 45 C in the middle of the tests...... thats when the card is getting throttled.....

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soilentblue
View Post

is anyone seeing throttling with their overclocks? masked said he isn't seeing it and he is above the 700mhz that Pedro is proclaiming to be where it beings at.

it could be the waterblock helping avoid it.

He's full of it. I can't wait until he posts his overclocking tests. I want to see the difference between a 700mhz oc and an 800mhz oc. Because I bet you there is little/no difference.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth777
View Post

He's full of it. I can't wait until he posts his overclocking tests. I want to see the difference between a 700mhz oc and an 800mhz oc. Because I bet you there is little/no difference.

And you would know because you have a 590, you have tested this, and have come to this conclusion, right?

Please post proof of your findings to support your claims.

61 - 80 of 5159 Posts