Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Link to fill the form

BIOS Flashing info:
  • TBA
BIOSes:
  • TBA
Other useful threads:
Other useful info:

I thought one of these might be useful. Even if the GPU isn't that popular and there aren't so many owners it'd be nice to have a place to talk about it. So please do join to discussion.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Starting off then:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/6cvcg/

I just installed the thing and the first thing I noticed was that for some reason no OCing software is allowing me to pass +135 core offset. That results in ~1370MHz but the GPU can clearly do more.

Is a flash needed to fix that, does anyone know?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just got my Asus GTX 570 Ti a few hours ago. My previous card was a GTX 580 (which recently died). Games run very smooth with the 750 Ti, even though the gpu is a little weaker. I tested some mmo games. To my surprise, when standing in a crowd of players, I did not notice any graphics lag at all. Even when the frame rate is low, I don't feel any graphics lag (except for lag due to low frame rate). My GTX 580 had a little more processing power, but rotating the view feels more responsive with the 750 Ti.

Right now, I am mining coins with cudaminer (-H 1) at 99% gpu usage and the desktop feels like cudaminer is not even running.

This guy says to use Kepler Bios Tweaker to increase power limit. Looks like voltage can be changed too.
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1014-how-to-increase-the-geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-target-limit/

I am still on stock bios.
1215 MHz coin mining
13XX MHz in games
memory at +200
fan runs quiet at constant 75%
gpu temp at 60C in games and while mining

I am a little worried about no VRM mosfet heatsink.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partol View Post

This guy says to use Kepler Bios Tweaker to increase power limit. Looks like voltage can be changed too.
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1014-how-to-increase-the-geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-target-limit/
Yeah I think Stay Puft already modded a higher power limit to the 750Ti ages ago. Somewhere in the early pages of the review thread just before it came out.

though to be honest my card doesn't seem to be getting more than 91% power on the stock bios, even when it's clocked above 1350MHz and with full fan speed.

What I really want to know is that +135MHz core speed limit. Does that go away with the bios as well?
Quote:
I am still on stock bios.
1215 MHz coin mining
13XX MHz in games
memory stable at +450
fan runs quiet at constant 75%
gpu temp at 60C in games and while mining

I am a little worried about no VRM mosfet heatsink.
I doubt there's any reason to worry about the mosfet heatsinks. Assuming you have the same card as I do (?) there seems to be plenty airflow for the VRM area, the components aren't the worst quality and 3 phases is more than enough for GM107, draws so little power that it's hard to believe it could make any of these boards explode.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have the same card as you. Asus with two fans and 6-pin power connector.
Tomorrow, I will put my finger by the mosfets to feel for airflow.
Before doing any bios mod, I must be sure there is some airflow around the mosfets.
My case has a side fan, but do not know if that air is hitting the mosfets.

While running cudaminer, my card is always running at power limit (95 to 100+).
Have not checked power limit in games yet. Maybe games use less power which is why clock is higher in games.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Any word if these cards use a reference PCB to another existing card? Basically I haven't heard of anything on waterblock availability for these guys.

I think I'm gonna get the Ti card... but I can't decide which one. suggestions welcome.

·
Banned
9,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezebe View Post

Any word if these cards use a reference PCB to another existing card? Basically I haven't heard of anything on waterblock availability for these guys.

I think I'm gonna get the Ti card... but I can't decide which one. suggestions welcome.
These are low end low power. No waterblocks coming

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

These are low end low power. No waterblocks coming
Bummer. I was hoping I could do something like you could do with the 660's and the 650Ti's...

Also I'm a noob for Nvidia... Why can't I find the Palit in the US?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bought the EVGA ACX FTW card for a little gaming box

"Modded" a Cooler Master elite 110 to fit the card and paired it with an i3 4340 and the card is mighty powerful for a machine running on a cx430m psu.

I also bought the MSI version in case I couldn't get the EVGA card to fit, but since I got it to fit I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

750 Ti Vs 760 Hawk size comparo

Best Firestrike

I'm here even tho mine sucks for overclocking. Modded Asus bios with double the TDP and TP

SP750ti.zip 127k .zip file

NVFlash that works with the 750 Ti

nvflash.zip 489k .zip file
Very much appreciated. Will add to OP later today.

Also did you get past the +135 core limit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezebe View Post

No 750Ti ref boards will be sold as far as I know. And the boards wouldn't be compatible with any waterblocks.

Just buy a universal block if you want one that fits.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Out of interest anyone know how this would compare to my laptops GTX 765m?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Not really sure rebel

Anyways i tried to use the latest KeplerBiosTweaker and nvflash to mod my bios(saved with gpu-z)it says that i have "unconfigured adapter not accessible"
redface.gif
wth? lol

·
Registered
744 Posts
just found numerous artifacts with EVGA OC Scanner (Furry E: gpu memory burner 2048MB).
Had to lower the memory overclock from +450 to +200
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion88 View Post

Out of interest anyone know how this would compare to my laptops GTX 765m?
The 750Ti should be a tad over 30% faster than the 765M. You basically have to compare a downclocked (by 8%) 650Ti to the 750Ti to get your result.

·
Banned
9,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post

Not really sure rebel

Anyways i tried to use the latest KeplerBiosTweaker and nvflash to mod my bios(saved with gpu-z)it says that i have "unconfigured adapter not accessible"
redface.gif
wth? lol
Which versions are you using
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Very much appreciated. Will add to OP later today.

Also did you get past the +135 core limit?
Just have to modify the base clocks in the bios itself to bypass the 135 limitation. I'll have one up for you later on

1 - 20 of 3194 Posts