Overclock.net banner

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
@asdkj1740 this card doesn't have external power plugs so its max draw is 65 watts from the pci-e and I probably shouldn't push it to 200w. I was told max should be 65w. I don't really have any knowledge on how to mod and I really dont feel like bricking this card out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still finding my way around the Maxwell II BIOS tweaker. What I've found so far is that moving the slider indicated below up to 1200 mV or more was all I had to do in order to get GPU-Z to report a maximum of 1.2 V. I would also stick with the 66 W limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay,

I read some things about overclocking the GTX 750 Ti but I really can't find anyone who has the same GPU as I am have with PCI E 6 pin connector. From my calculations that would be a max TDP of 140-150 W.

The problem is that I can't figure it out which is the PCI E slot and which is the connector in the screenshot.

I am trying to get around 1450 MHz on core clock. I somehow managed to get 1500 MHz with 5 milivolts in afterburner but GTA V froze after 10 seconds.

Can anyone help me with tweaking the BIOS of the card?

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
1502MHz stable on stock heatsink

After reading most of this thread in the process of doing the below, it seemed worthy to give back what I have learned even if the thread is mostly dead...

While GPU prices are going crazy and wanting to play PUBG at a reasonable frame rate with the hardware on hand, I went about making the extreme most of my Gigabyte 750 Ti Black Edition.
Stock bios (1.15V core) would do 1360(core)/3300(mem) stable (kombustor combined for 24hr+ with zero artifacts), and after creating a bios for 1.20V, 1450MHz core would almost pass 24hr of kombustor, but would always produce at least one artifact inside 24hrs and thus unsuitable for my overclocking tastes. At 1.20V some benchmarks like GPUPI were stable-ish upwards of 1640MHz. After setting a few records on hwbot, this got me thinking. I studied the PCB layout and did some modifications at the board level. The dual phase VRM (NCP81172) now switches 14% faster (420kHz stock, 480kHz after mod), moved some VRM output capacitors putting them back into the circuit, IMHO, in the proper location right behind to the GPU. After that I've been able to get a core of 1502MHz 24hr+ stable in kombustor. So far this is without doing a hard vmod to the GPU core by tugging down on the vrefin pin of the NCP81172... That's next! Goal is 1.25V due to not wanting to blow up the card, just yet.

Vmod on the memory voltage regulator (uP1542s) did nothing for stable memory clock speed. Default set ~1.55V. But all the way to 1.7V, I saw zero increase in stable memory clock overclock ability. It would bench faster, up to ~3550MHz but with errors at around an hour into any heavy test like kombustor. Something else is the limiting factor here. Adding capacitors at each memory module (100µF+4.7µF both ceramics) did nothing as well.

After all that, PUBG now plays @ 1080P from 50-70fps (lowest ever seen 39fps) with all graphics settings lowest but textures medium, draw distance medium.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
After reading most of this thread in the process of doing the below, it seemed worthy to give back what I have learned even if the thread is mostly dead...

While GPU prices are going crazy and wanting to play PUBG at a reasonable frame rate with the hardware on hand, I went about making the extreme most of my Gigabyte 750 Ti Black Edition.
Stock bios (1.15V core) would do 1360(core)/3300(mem) stable (kombustor combined for 24hr+ with zero artifacts), and after creating a bios for 1.20V, 1450MHz core would almost pass 24hr of kombustor, but would always produce at least one artifact inside 24hrs and thus unsuitable for my overclocking tastes. At 1.20V some benchmarks like GPUPI were stable-ish upwards of 1640MHz. After setting a few records on hwbot, this got me thinking. I studied the PCB layout and did some modifications at the board level. The dual phase VRM (NCP81172) now switches 14% faster (420kHz stock, 480kHz after mod), moved some VRM output capacitors putting them back into the circuit, IMHO, in the proper location right behind to the GPU. After that I've been able to get a core of 1502MHz 24hr+ stable in kombustor. So far this is without doing a hard vmod to the GPU core by tugging down on the vrefin pin of the NCP81172... That's next! Goal is 1.25V due to not wanting to blow up the card, just yet.

Vmod on the memory voltage regulator (uP1542s) did nothing for stable memory clock speed. Default set ~1.55V. But all the way to 1.7V, I saw zero increase in stable memory clock overclock ability. It would bench faster, up to ~3550MHz but with errors at around an hour into any heavy test like kombustor. Something else is the limiting factor here. Adding capacitors at each memory module (100µF+4.7µF both ceramics) did nothing as well.

After all that, PUBG now plays @ 1080P from 50-70fps (lowest ever seen 39fps) with all graphics settings lowest but textures medium, draw distance medium.
Wow you are insane! That is a lot of risky work for what seems like small gain, but I admire your dedication. What fps were you getting before the mod? Any pics?

I loved my 750Ti it served me well for many years, ended up selling it for $120 and buying a 1050Ti for $150. Got about a 200% boost for $30, not a lot of upgrades can do that for the price.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys is there any way to do a hard vmod or go higher than 1.2v. I have an EVGA Gtx 750ti FTW with an aio and dose not go higher than 35c. I would like to get even more voltage just to overclock more haha. I already have 1502 on core and 3200 on memoLet me know, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Overclock Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB

I have this videocard:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2765/gigabyte-gtx-750-ti-oc-2-gb

I'm new on flashing videocards. I have read about leveling up power for being able to overclock more than standard. Before I do any changes to this videocard bios I ask for some advice.

What should I do first.

My GTX 750 Ti has the 6 pin connector. I have read that this changes something, but I don't know what to do about it.

Thanks you very much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally, after many bios modifications, I have found a non-problem bios config, stable and overclocked. I didin't changed the voltage finally, it's not neccesary and, the stock lower voltage is better I think.

I have a 6 pin connector, but I didn't max-powered the bios for maximize it.

If someone is interested

My graphic card is "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC Windforce 2GB GDDR5"

My stock bios is gm107.zip
My actually overclocked bios is stableoverclockedbios.zip

I used Maxwell Bios Tweaker, and modified fan configuration, but I'm not sure if it is neccesary.

Summary:

- All the clocks on 1398.0Hz (TDP, 3D, Boost) and (GPC, L2C, XBAR)
- Unlocked boost table and put max on 1529.0Hz (Neccesary)
- Put max power on 65000, as many others configurations suggested in this thread.
- Fan config: TMP12 to 48.00 and TMP 13 to 60.00. I copied this config from other bios from this thread. I think this modification is not neccesary.

It's not neccesary to use overclock software after this and is a decent boost.

Tried many nvflash versions, from this thread and others, and none worked, only this version worked for me: nvflash.zip I upload if if someone has the same problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Brutoloco bro, i just registered to reply you to give thanks :) .
Mine is the same GPU as yours "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC Windforce 2GB GDDR5". After 3 days testing many settings i set all auto voltage & increased TDP to 65w only. But i got only 1159Mhz with 1.1152V. Then manually increased voltage to 1.212V & got 1254Mhz boost clock with around 60`c . I thought its the last clock i can get. Today i saw your post & copy paste the settings.
And i got the temperature around 55`c with 1398Mhz & (3250*2) Mhz memory clock with only 1.1120v ! Thanks a lot.
I increased 50 more Mhz to memory clock by msi afterburner, but i got artifacts in game. So back to 3250Mhz again.
Did you tested any further settings in bios ? I will be pleased if you share.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Brutoloco bro, i just registered to reply you to give thanks :) .
Mine is the same GPU as yours "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC Windforce 2GB GDDR5". After 3 days testing many settings i set all auto voltage & increased TDP to 65w only. But i got only 1159Mhz with 1.1152V. Then manually increased voltage to 1.212V & got 1254Mhz boost clock with around 60`c . I thought its the last clock i can get. Today i saw your post & copy paste the settings.
And i got the temperature around 55`c with 1398Mhz & (3250*2) Mhz memory clock with only 1.1120v ! Thanks a lot.
I increased 50 more Mhz to memory clock by msi afterburner, but i got artifacts in game. So back to 3250Mhz again.
Did you tested any further settings in bios ? I will be pleased if you share.

Hey,

I'm using a different setting now, more conservative and enabled boost clock. Because I started using this card on a different computer, and found some crashes there.

Basically, I downgraded 2 or 3 clicks in down arrow (in maxwell editor), on all maximum values (boost clock and boost states). Enabled boost state, making 1st and 2nd clocks (no boost clocks) lower frequency, 200-250 mghz lower than the maximum aproximately.

I don't have the bios here. Maybe I upload it later.

I suggest you not to overclock voltage, leave it as default bios settings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Yeah i faced the crash too during playing rainbow six siege. As a result, at first step i reduced 50mhz from both core & memory clock by msi afterburner. It was ok then. Later i uninstalled afterburner & for that i edited bios again to set 1359mhz. But somehow i was getting artifacts as i was getting low volt than 1398mhz. So again i edited bios & set 1398mhz again. But this time i increased the top most left volt slider to 1.150v. But im still facing crasing.
N.B. - i also oc my cpu fx-6300 to 4.4ghz @ 1.32v i dont know it is the reason of crash or not.
I will be pleased if you upload your full stable bios as i dont understand what you said. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally, after many bios modifications, I have found a non-problem bios config, stable and overclocked. I didin't changed the voltage finally, it's not neccesary and, the stock lower voltage is better I think.

I have a 6 pin connector, but I didn't max-powered the bios for maximize it.

If someone is interested

My graphic card is "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC Windforce 2GB GDDR5"

My stock bios is gm107.zip
My actually overclocked bios is stableoverclockedbios.zip

I used Maxwell Bios Tweaker, and modified fan configuration, but I'm not sure if it is neccesary.

Summary:

- All the clocks on 1398.0Hz (TDP, 3D, Boost) and (GPC, L2C, XBAR)
- Unlocked boost table and put max on 1529.0Hz (Neccesary)
- Put max power on 65000, as many others configurations suggested in this thread.
- Fan config: TMP12 to 48.00 and TMP 13 to 60.00. I copied this config from other bios from this thread. I think this modification is not neccesary.

It's not neccesary to use overclock software after this and is a decent boost.

Tried many nvflash versions, from this thread and others, and none worked, only this version worked for me: nvflash.zip I upload if if someone has the same problem.
bro why am I flashed I feel the lag in the background? open GPU Z Sometimes not responding to the VGA is I wrong flashed commond?

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts