Overclock.net banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
I heard you were dead...
8,508 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

Easy there buddy, I am willing to help out with what I can but within reason of course. I have very limited time and even more limited budget so unless you'd be willing to fund my experiment I'm gonna have to skip it.

You can pretty much expect the same results as on a regular GTX280 (when using the updated BIOS) so refer to other GTX280 reviews for this info.

It's all right, I was just kidding.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,508 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

I know. Just thought by some bizarre miracle you'd want to fund me.

LOL! If I had that kind of cash I would have all of that stuff already.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Anybody wanna take a guess at what those two blue wires might be doing (located on the GPU side of the PCB in the lower left-hand corner)?

What exactly are they doing at the moment? Is it safe to unsolder them for testing?

·
/╲/( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\╱\
6,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0 View Post
Any ideas what it may be?
CL3P20 might know. you could shoot him a friendly pm

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Just a little guess but maybe the wires are for debugging and intercepting the info off that chip when they were testing OR it could be a manufacturing error in the PCB and they had to manually connect the circuit
. Just my

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
post the "ADT" #' off the top of the little IC for me..I will get the datasheet for it. From the looks of it, I would say it is definitely not a vmod. Could be some sort of jumper to enable advanced functions on the GPU...like Quadro rendering capabilities..etc.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CL3P20
View Post

post the "ADT" #' off the top of the little IC for me..I will get the datasheet for it. From the looks of it, I would say it is definitely not a vmod. Could be some sort of jumper to enable advanced functions on the GPU...like Quadro rendering capabilities..etc.

Hmm that would really be interesting to find out. Would be curious if there's anything you can do with that or mod it to unlock something.

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
Confirmed: the blue wires are for bypassing thermal control ..Gigabyte recently posted a guide to OC their GTX275 Lightning..they briefly detailed disabling thermal control for the GPU..similar to the method seen on your PCB.

Do I get a cookie naow?

·
/╲/( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\╱\
6,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CL3P20
View Post

Confirmed: the blue wires are for bypassing thermal control ..Gigabyte recently posted a guide to OC their GTX275 Lightning..they briefly detailed disabling thermal control for the GPU..similar to the method seen on your PCB.

Do I get a cookie naow?

e-cookie for you sir (since you cannot be repped)

61 - 80 of 98 Posts