Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the nTune overclocking included with the nForce4 Chipset is actually any good? It mentions that it is safe etc. etc. but this at the sacrifice of squeezing a few more mhz??

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
I'm not really sure if it is. However, this is still a software based overclock and isn't as good as doing it through the BIOS.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It comes with a Temp monitor which is fairly good, but the rest is a bit too much hassle for what it does.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Heh...Crazily enought, I gave it a shot. It does a couple things, mainly registry optimizing and a wee bit of overclocking. However, it crashed my system.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
nTune is not a very good program for overclocking, it is however good with Benchmarking, not quite sure how they determine the scores but you can check your previous benchmark to see if whatever changes you made to the BIOS actually helped without having to go through comprehensive benchmarking software

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
I use it to get the best OCs. From the bios I can't go above 244 fsb (wich is decent for a newcastle), but nTune tunes my rig up to 266 fsb, so evan better.
I use it like this: I saved the profile in wich he found my best memory performance (eg. 266 fsb and all the other timings and stuff) and I put this profile to start with a .exe that has the sole purpose to trigger the nTune.
I have another profile with the default settings, just in case I don't need a lot of speed any more.

To be clear, I use nTune only because my mobo doesn't want to go higher than 244 from the bios, oterwise I prefer the classic bios OC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts