Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since i have my new rig up and running id like to start to OC it.
sorry for all the questions but im really totaly lost here
This is a dbl post ...my first should have been posted here...im such a neewb

I used the NVIDIA control panel and ran the fine tunning app that takes aprox 3hrs to complete.

Once this finished it reported:

7% increase to the FSB (cpu bus) 267mhz - 287mhz
12% increase to the pci-e bus 3125mhz - 3525mhz

Before running the Nvidia control panel:
Temp cpu-36, system-36, GPU 63
cpuz reported this
and 3dmark06 was 8195

After running the control panel it reports: (screenshot)
this
and crystalcpuid reports this
3dmark06 is 7787
Temp cpu-38, system-34, GPU 63

This confusses me....why does the ram report back at only (400 MHz) when it is actually 1066 mhz ram ?

is there a better way to get more speeds?
Why did the 3dmark06 drop?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would like to help but I really don't know enough about your system... sorry

Hope my post will attract some1 else tho!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
Its complete crap. Thats why it has gone down. Overclock cpu in bios and the gpu in ati tools.
ive removed the software from nvidia and this is what i have achieved so far

Ok here is a screen shot of what i have achieved so far...

im running the mem in linked mode
not sure if its good or not

3dMark06 is now at 10764

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sorry, Are you not clocking the card up? the only thing you have changed with the 8800 is your pci-e which won't have too much effect.
get AtiTool. That will give you a good indication of the card temp. which is the important info to start with. get rivatuner and use to mod you fan speed. I run mine at 100% depends on you noise comfort level. but stock it's running under 60% unloaded on auto.

then in ATITools you can play with clocking your core and memory speed. Don't use automode. a safe clock would be 600/1000, stock is 576/900 I think. remember if you read about the memory on sites people generally qoute double this figure. so stock is 900x2=1800. Use the artifacts test. if you visually see any yellow pixels, then back off atleast 20/30 on the memory. I've had mine to 660/1200 and done a 16hr test if no problems. I run it now at 660/1050.

if you can be bothered replace the thermal compounds on the HS, I just swapped out all the OM gunk and thermal pads for Artic silver and the results are very impressive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Easty
View Post

Sorry, Are you not clocking the card up? the only thing you have changed with the 8800 is your pci-e which won't have too much effect.
get AtiTool. That will give you a good indication of the card temp. which is the important info to start with. get rivatuner and use to mod you fan speed. I run mine at 100% depends on you noise comfort level. but stock it's running under 60% unloaded on auto.

then in ATITools you can play with clocking your core and memory speed. Don't use automode. a safe clock would be 600/1000, stock is 576/900 I think. remember if you read about the memory on sites people generally qoute double this figure. so stock is 900x2=1800. Use the artifacts test. if you visually see any yellow pixels, then back off atleast 20/30 on the memory. I've had mine to 660/1200 and done a 16hr test if no problems. I run it now at 660/1050.

if you can be bothered replace the thermal compounds on the HS, I just swapped out all the OM gunk and thermal pads for Artic silver and the results are very impressive.

Hi easty...thanks for the advice...here is what i have achieved so far..im waiting on the 1000w PSU and the 2nd 8800 to arive before i go any further

pics and stats

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by prestontrogden
View Post

and what do ur parents do for a living? LOL jk. what do U do for a living?

Im a Network Engineer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts