Overclock.net banner

Nvidia purchasing help

487 14
I'm sure you get this kind of bollocks lots, but I'm not massively familiar with GEForce cards, as im converting from Radeon etc etc

I'm looking to spend between £150 and £200 on new graphics card, for that money whats the best I'm looking at?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers man, just to continue a tiny bit, I'm using it for gaming - so is it likely to be a marked improvement on my current card for games such as AOE3, Doom 3 etc - the next gen games.

My system = AMD XP 2600+

1.5 gig DDR

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
There's also the 6800GS, which while not as good as the 7800GT, will last you a while. If you wait a bit, you can get the 7800GS, which is coming to everyone sometime soon. Although from the sound of it, the 6600GT is the best card, as I take you are running on an AGP board.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Dont use dabs, use microdirect

MUCH better service and alot cheaper too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by laboitenoire
There's also the 6800GS, which while not as good as the 7800GT, will last you a while. If you wait a bit, you can get the 7800GS, which is coming to everyone sometime soon. Although from the sound of it, the 6600GT is the best card, as I take you are running on an AGP board.
I am but I'm moving over to PCI Express for the reason of it kicking AGPs bottom

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Alright then. Might want to say what you're thinking of getting for the other parts so we can best match a card to you.

·
Premium Member
19,149 Posts
Why are you guys suggesting 6600GTs and 6800GSs? 1 Pound = $1.75 USD... this guy has about a $300 budget. A 7800GT is about $300...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.