Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Nvidia GPU and ever since I switched to this 970 I have gotten screen tearing on desktop. It's much worse in online videos and it's not tolerable anymore.

I am using adaptive vsync for games which works flawless with no screen tearing. Is there some setting in the nvidia control panel to fix this on desktop and video? Drivers are 347.09

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I contacted Nvidia support and they recommended I RMA my card but it works flawlessly in games. Seems like a way to get rid of me from their support so they didn't have to deal with me, considering this is most likely software related.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
What OS and theme are you using? Windows 7 for example has a bunch of vsynced themes and some that are not vsynced, like windows classic theme

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

What OS and theme are you using? Windows 7 for example has a bunch of vsynced themes and some that are not vsynced, like windows classic theme
I was playing a game and it automatically turned aero off a while ago to save on memory (no idea why) and that seems about the same time I started getting tearing. I didnt change any of the themes, just the default setup from fresh install but with aero disabled.

You know what, changing Aero on actually fixed the issue here. My windows don't tear when moving them around the desktop and video works fine now. Thanks so much this issue was driving me crazy and I would have never though to check something as stupid as this.

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Haha np
tongue.gif

vsyncing desktop adds lag, but it bothers me on 60hz too to have it off. Much better on 144hz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts