Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying 2 more Asus 27" VG278HE 2ms 1920 x 1080 144Mhz 3D Monitors to run in surround. I have a few questions the first is that my Gtx680s only have 2 Dvi-d and 1 display port so can i use a displayport to dvi-d adaptor or cable to get all 3 monitors running at 144hz & the second question is 2gb of Vram going to be enough to play black ops 2 on High settings or am i going to have to sacrifice on some quility.

This is the cable i was looking at
8Ware RC-DPDVI-2 1.8 Meter DisplayPort to DVI Male Cable
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=9511

·
Registered
905 Posts
You make me sick. THREE 680's in SLI? You want (have cash) to add two more $$ 3D monitors for surround? HOly....
Back to your question... I could be wrong, but I think you might run into some VRAM issues there. You actually might be further ahead if you sell your three 2GB 680's and buy two 4GB 680's. If I'm wrong I hope someone points it out!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i ended up sorting out the cable scenario it seems i can use 1 display from each graphics card for surround such a different setup compared to my old eyefinity setup. How ever i tried 2x27 and 1x24 inch as a test and it was just going to be way to big with 3x 27inches. It also ran into vram issues with bf3 so for now im just gonna stick with what i got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts