Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a notebook (Toshiba Satellite x205-S9349) that still works for just about anything I need to do but would like to get all the performance I can out of it. The graphics card is

Graphics11
• PCI-Expressâ„¢ x16 graphics subsystem, featuring:
o NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8700M GT with 256MB DDR3 discrete
graphics memory, plus up to 255MB dynamically allocated shared
graphics memory using NVIDIA® TurboCache™ technology.
o Total available shared graphics memory 767MB

Does anyone know of any benchmarks that show performance with shared memory? Im thinking of upgrading the memory from 2 GB of DDR2 PC 5300 to a dual channel kit of 4 GB 6400. I wouldn't expect there to be a huge change in performance but it would only cost about 50 bucks.

Im just trying to find some benchmarks with an increase of overall system memory or speed. Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBirdman74
View Post

non that I know of, and I dont think the upgrade is worth it either, leave that thing as it is man, its a lappy... do something with your main rig instead

Dont touch mah lappy???? Thats very un OCN of you. Im trying to get the most out of my laptop without buying a new one. If I bought a new one I'd spend at least 1000-1500 bucks. Im trying to avoid that. I'll pick up the ram I think and run some benchmarks. It'll be about 2 weeks but I'm come back and post with benchmarks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts