Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i play a Game (sorry but your display adapter has stop responding) vista Pop up.

When i try to record a game with Fraps And im using Nvidia's Crappy 2 second made drivers this happens, I need a driver that is good with Overclocking for 8series and Doesnt keep giving me error's
I used to Download TWEAKS RUS drivers they worked Great but I cant log in to get my downloads. server issue.

I'm about ready to add more dents in the case in all honesty
Please help me lol NVIDIA=
-------- NVIDIA DRIVER PRODUCERS=

GPU AND CPU Are NOT OVERCLOCKED sorry should of said that in there

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
That error occurs because of an unstable GPU overclock... tone down your clock speeds, and that display error will stop happening

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabermetrics View Post
That error occurs because of an unstable GPU overclock... tone down your clock speeds, and that display error will stop happening
I'm bone stock CPu and all

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:

Yes try this first. Also the new driver 180.47 is due out today sometime.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

I meant for your video card... if thats also stock, check your temps...

if all else fails, download the non-BETA drivers from Nvidia (177.35)
temps?
check my Pc specs

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Don't dent the case! (again?
). I did that once and I felt really, really bad the next morning.

The fact that you have tried multiple versions of their drivers while still getting the same result makes me think that something else is the problem. It's been a while since I've run an Nvidia card but I do remember that the "Driver has stopped responding" error can the the result of a few different things.

Not sure if you do it already but you could try the uninstall driver -> reboot to safe mode -> driver sweeper/cleaner -> reboot -> load new drivers methodology.

To be honest though if I was you I would start clocking things down (whether it be CPU/FSB or GPU) to see if it's the result of instability.

EDIT: You are running stock. I was going of your sig.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

your temperatures for your video card
dude, I'm stock cores, I have after market Cooling... my temps do not go above 50c for the card oc'd and my temps don't go over 40c on my Cpu

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
Don't dent the case! (again?
). I did that once and I felt really, really bad the next morning.

The fact that you have tried multiple versions of their drivers while still getting the same result makes me think that something else is the problem. It's been a while since I've run an Nvidia card but I do remember that the "Driver has stopped responding" error can the the result of a few different things.

Not sure if you do it already but you could try the uninstall driver -> reboot to safe mode -> driver sweeper/cleaner -> load new drivers methodology.

To be honest though if I was you I would start clocking things down (whether it be CPU/FSB or GPU) to see if it's the result of instability.

Brand new Vista installation. Its only the latest NVIDIA driver that has done this to me never has it done it before.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx573v3xX_Z28 View Post
Brand new Vista installation. Its only the latest NVIDIA driver that has done this to me never has it done it before.
Roll back to the last known-good driver and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
Roll back to the last known-good driver and see what happens.
This would be the ONLY driver, Hence i said NEW VISTA INSTALL

nevermind thanks guys but i'll just find a driver on my own

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx573v3xX_Z28 View Post
This would be the ONLY driver, Hence i said NEW VISTA INSTALL

nevermind thanks guys but i'll just find a driver on my own

Surely there were Nvidia drivers published before you decided to install Vista?

Nvidia Driver Archives That takes you back to 12/07.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
The 178 drivers are crap. So is the new 180 beta. I had this same problem. Just REALLY wierd video issues. Great framerates of games that looked like total crap. Or would make my screen turn all white for no reason whatsoever.

Last known GOOD driver 175.19 for xp. Everything looks SO much better, but you will take a considerable FPS hit. I averaged about 40% FPS decrease. But the visual quality is +100%.

For Vista try this one.
-Omega.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys for the Help +REP. I found a 178 driver from Tweaks And it works nicely, I can record my games again

and no more pesky Warning about a stock Videocard being unstable. Stupid nvidia drivers

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx573v3xX_Z28
View Post

thanks guys for the Help +REP. I found a 178 driver from Tweaks And it works nicely, I can record my games again

and no more pesky Warning about a stock Videocard being unstable. Stupid nvidia drivers

bout time

is the chevy thread dead or what? lol

yea i was going to recommend a 177

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullzaflare
View Post

bout time

is the chevy thread dead or what? lol