Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been 4 days since the launch of Hitman, the first DX12 game, yet there is only one analysis on it and it's from a tech site over in Germany. You telling me that none of the usual tech sites like Digital Foundry, Tom's Hardware and others are not interested in benchmarking the first DX12 game.

Of course they are.......so why after 4 days they haven't?

Nvidia, their corporate paymaster, that's why.

Look at the Gaming Media, they are 10X worse than MSNBC, FOX and CNN.

Look at a tech site like Digital Foundry. It had framerate analysis of Hitman right when the game was launched on Midnight of March 11th between the Xbox one and PS4, but 4 days later, still no framerate analysis between AMD and Nvidia.

Nvidia and the consoles have the Gaming Media totally in their back-pockets to egregious proportions.

For instance, Phil Spencer is politely telling consoles peasants/punks to take their behinds over to the PC if they are tired of paying for multi-player and stuff yet PC Gamers will get banned from tech sites, like this one, for just saying that consoles don't make any logical sense anymore. It's obvious as the sunlight that Phil/Microsoft are slowly drifting away from the hardware business; moreover, they just recently closed down some of their 1st-party studios yet PC can't raise the question: Why would any intelligent person buy a console now-a-days?

From the shills that question is too mean-spirited and hurting people' feelings. Give me a break.

Then look at the grand daddy of them all- Nvidia. Nvidia lied to their customers about the 980Ti being the first fully-supported DX12 card yet not one Tech site cared to just look at Maxwell's white papers published from Nvidia to realize they were lying. Maxwell, just like Kepler and Fermi can't do Async Compute which is one of the advertised features of DX12 along with cross-vendor GPUs.

How come not one tech site or personality didn't tell their respective audience that according to Nvidia own White papers , they don't have Async Compute Engines built-in their GPUs thus they can't do Async Compute. It would have save alot of people money that upgraded their Kepler's/Fermi's cards to Maxwell thinking they will be future-proofed.

Ditto, Async Compute, along with Cross-vendors GPUs, is one of the main features of DX12 so shouldn't the Gaming Media warned everybody that Nvidia lied, once again, to us?

Ditto, Nvidia is a complete fraud as well: lying about the 970's VRAM, doing planned-obsolescence with their driver support on Kepler's cards and purposely sabotaging AMD with Gameworks yet the Gaming Media is notoriously quiet about these things.

Which should all be expected given that they are going to exclusive meetings with Nvidia with of their accommodations paid for and also receiving FREE $1300 monitors.

Just look at this screen-shot of Linus's corporate partners and ask yourself why is it Linus doesn't want to talk about Async Compute?

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
What do you expect? Every company does this. This is how they stay in business. If every company sold stuff that didn't breakdown or run out, how else do you think they'll make money from you?

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post

What do you expect? Every company does this. This is how they stay in business. If every company sold stuff that didn't breakdown or run out, how else do you think they'll make money from you?
Oh please......stop damage-controlling. That's the problem now. Games/developers will always bring things to the next level; furthermore there will always be higher resolutions and contrast ratios (HDR); case in point, VESA announced Displayport 1.4, not 1.3 which should be in AMD's polaris cards, but Displayport 1.4.

The Gaming Media is atrocious. The first DX12 game is finally out yet, 4 days later, not one American benchmarker benchmarked it yet? Of course they did, they just don't want to expose Nvidia.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorishBrutha View Post

Quote:

Oh please......stop damage-controlling. That's the problem now. Games/developers will always bring things to the next level; furthermore there will always be higher resolutions and contrast ratios (HDR); case in point, VESA announced Displayport 1.4, not 1.3 which should be in AMD's polaris cards, but Displayport 1.4.

The Gaming Media is atrocious. The first DX12 game is finally out yet, 4 days later, not one American benchmarker benchmarked it yet? Of course they did, they just don't want to expose Nvidia.
I am not defending any companies, but giving you a reality check.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

I am not defending any companies, but giving you a reality check.
Naw, I just gave you a reality check. The Gaming Media, just like the Main Stream Media, is pure propaganda and shilling. Since 2014, all PC Gamers and Gaming Media have been talking about is DX12; hence, Hitman is out and after 4 days no benchmarks? It's obvious Nvidia have you all in their back-pockets. It's obvious.

·
What should be here ?
5,730 Posts
Quote:

I don't think he's complaining about things not lasting long enough (I hope not), but rather the media not doing the thing that they swore to do. Report.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

I don't think he's complaining about things not lasting long enough (I hope not), but rather the media not doing the thing that they swore to do. Report.
He knows exactly what I am talking, he trying to deflect because this site and others are part of the problem. It's day 5 since the launch of the first DX12 game yet not one American benchmarking results.

·
What should be here ?
5,730 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

He knows exactly what I am talking, he trying to deflect because this site and others are part of the problem. It's day 5 since the launch of the first DX12 game yet not one American benchmarking results.
Now now, I'd not draw conclusions just yet. Let things unfold before throwing accusations and grabbing pitchforks. Besides, @HowHardCanItBe can play hard sometimes.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Now now, I'd not draw conclusions just yet. Let things unfold before throwing accusations and grabbing pitchforks. Besides, @HowHardCanItBe can play hard sometimes.
You can live in fantasy world all you want to but I have been censored a gazillion times on this website for just speaking out against the consoles. This site and others are chock-full of shills. Ditto, day 5 since the launch of the first DX12 game yet not one American benchmarking results.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

You can live in fantasy world all you want to but I have been censored a gazillion times on this website for just speaking out against the consoles. This site and others are chock-full of shills. Ditto, day 5 since the launch of the first DX12 game yet not one American benchmarking results.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but our site has rules that we must enforce to maintain some sort of civility, otherwise, this forum would turn into chaos and would drive people away. Many people come onto this site so that they can remain safe.

I am still trying to figure out whether you are talking about nvidia/direct x12 or consoles or all the above, because I have hard time understanding what you are on about. If it's about direct x12, there are also many games that currently support direct x12. Here are a list of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/hitman-2016-pc-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/ashes-of-singularity-directx-12-benchmark-ii-review,1.html

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

You are entitled to your own opinion, but our site has rules that we must enforce to maintain some sort of civility, otherwise, this forum would turn into chaos and would drive people away. Many people come onto this site so that they can remain safe.

I am still trying to figure out whether you are talking about nvidia/direct x12 or consoles or all the above, because I have hard time understanding what you are on about. If it's about direct x12, there are also many games that currently support direct x12. Here are a list of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/hitman-2016-pc-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/ashes-of-singularity-directx-12-benchmark-ii-review,1.html
Dude, stop lying, you not fooling anyone in the infinitesimal bit, because you were the one that changed the title of this thread from Donald Trump is the Nvidia of the political world: He has media protection to what it is now: Nvidia so you know exactly where I'm coming from.

This site and others are total shills.

Now let me debunk a couple of things here: that link from guru3d doesn't do framerate analysis between AMD and Nvidia.

Ashes of the Singularity is, at best, in early access so it's not officially out. Gears of Wars UE was totally messed up courtesy Nvidia's HBAO+, which they never advertised as having by the way, and we are not even sure the workload of Async Compute Gears actually has.

You people could have easily read Nvidia's own white papers and told gamers that Maxwell doesn't have ASEs (Async Compute Engines) inside of them to prevent people from upgrading to Maxwell thinking they were going to be future-proofed but you all didn't.

The reason is very palpable.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Why are some of you all trying to repeat the same thing over and over and over again as if each reiteration is going to make it valid. That's the germany site. They were the only ones that did a framerate analysis between AMD and Nvidia.

What about Tom's hardware, what about Digital Foundry. DF did a framerate analysis between the PS4 and Xbox one on midnight of this game release yet almost a week still no analysis between AMD and Nvidia?

You are not fooling anyone here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.