Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Nvidia,

I am having issues, I have a Asus crosshair Nvidia chipset and 2 BFG 7900GTX in sli, I have did a total reformat 2 times, Installed the motherboard drivers first then the card drivers 91.47 now sometimes SLI works sometime it's really slow.
My system is only a month old every thing work's PSU, sli approved 700watt both cards are getting plenty of power, corsair memory sli approved ect.
It's some kind of Nvidia driver issue or something.
I am getting 20FPS on games I should be getting 60fps. I get more with a single card then sli, both cards work great by themselves??
Now if I turn sli off then back on sometimes this fixes it.

Hi USFORCES,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I understand that you are having issues with the FPS while playing games.

The FPS is application dependent and game specific. The NVIDIA cards supports 100 FPS. I suggest you try installing Beta drivers from our website.

Uninstall the existing graphics drivers for GeForce 7900 GTX. Download the BETA drivers from our website, disable onboard graphics adapter if any and try installing again.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to update the BETA drivers for GeForce 7900 GTX.

Visit our Software Downloads page at:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...bit_91.33.html

On the following page, click on the "Primary Download Site" URL to download the driver. To avoid download issues, if you are running any 3rd party download utilities, please disable them as they are know for occasionally causing errors with the downloads.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

Love,

NVIDIA Customer Care.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
"Love"??? HAHAHAHA!!!!! You made my day!!!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
So, they're pretty much useless...and whoever wrote that is CLEARLY half ******ed"

"The NVIDIA cards supports 100 FPS"

AHAHA! So uh...what about my 120FPS with max out res and settings in HL2? I'm sure 120 is more than the 100 "supported" FPS....***? lol.

Or...maybe like 200 in NFS:U.....I dono man...whoever that was, doens't know what he/she is talking about.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by USFORCES

Love,

NVIDIA Customer Care.

i dont think that you have to install beta drivers to get more then 20 FPS... what stuff are you running in the background, and what game is this?

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins

i dont think that you have to install beta drivers to get more then 20 FPS... what stuff are you running in the background, and what game is this?

I just installed the 91.33 to see what happen's, Nothing really running in the background, What I've been doing is disabling sli then starting it back up which has been working,
thing of it is it don't do it all the time and I don't know until I start the game.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Go to www.guru3d.com and there are 20 different sets you can try. Some will work some wont...some will be better than others too. it all depends on your system...what works for me might not work for you. You have to try a few diff sets and see which one works best.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also have 2 7900gtx in sli and the new official drivers as well as the latest beta one have given me awful performance. Went back to 91.31, this seems to work best for me. I'd recommend finding 91.31 and giving it a shot. Here, found em - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1415, make sure you uninstall the cureent display driver thru the control panel before reinstalling new ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts