Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, Why when I'm running the memory at 2400 MHz (2600 MHz KIT) in the Event Viewer, I have this error.

"The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
Include the following information with the event
/Device/Video7
00b2(1de8) 00000000 00000000"

I have this error very often, in an hour I can have 2, or I can have 6.

But I run all games without problems, I dont have a crash, no BSOD, everything seems to work fine, until I'm running Prime95 right now, and I have 7 hours without problems, so I let it run longer.

314.22 WHQL
2x GTX 680 SLI
i7-4770k
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5
16 GB RAM GSkill Trindet X 2600 MHz, but im running 2400 MHz

The RAM is stable, I have 15 hours with Memtest86 without problems, and now I am running Prime95, for 7 hours, and I will not stop.

It is not really a problem, I dont have a crash, but I would like to know why I have this error in the event viewer.

What can I do ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was having this problem yesterday when I wad OCing on my UD4H. After a while I went in and manually set the host clock(FSB whatever you want to call it) to 100mhz and I think it made it better although I haven't used it extensively since then, but I was getting the error constantly before on my 670 FTW.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I've solved it.
I upped the Memory voltage to 1.67v from 1.65v, and System Agent from +150 to +200.

Now, I dont have more this errors.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Interesting.. posted this exact problem elsewhere myself - like you, no problems but for me it only happens once when I reboot and that's it. No BSOD or driver related weirdness - nothing showing problems except of course that weird message in eventlog.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
This is my error - as said, only appears once and once only when I reboot back. Nothing appears "wrong" or shows that the driver fell over at any stage (except this error of course). Cards are stock to eliminate that.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
CMDre 00000000 00000080 00000000 00000005 0000001d

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can try one thing:

Set in the BIOS, Memory RAM to default, for operate at 1600 MHz, the memory voltage, and timings on auto.

Now, check if you still have this error, reboot your PC, because you're saying that only occurs when you restart your PC, and check now if you still have the error.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Figure I update. I haven't had your luck.

Tried 1600Mhz @ 1.67v, still the same error. HWInfo showed the RAM was then running @ 1.65v (so it's basically 0.02v below what BIOS is set to).

·
Registered
2 Posts
In case anyone is still having problems with this:

I've been experiencing random freezes for the last couple of weeks. Memory tests fine, graphics card (gigabyte 560ti OC) runs fine on furmark stress test. I'd actually underclocked this card down to about 890Mhz from the factory overclock which wasn't stable from day one. Seems this wasn't enough. The problems have cleared up for me by dropping the clock speed down a little more to 850 and the voltage to 1025. Now this problem is not occurring any more :)

It's a good thing that MSI provide afterburner to do this sort of thing because it seems that I, like many others find that factory overclocked cards are often not stable at the settings which the manufacturer ships them out with. I've had two identical cards which were both unstable at the OC settings and generally a little more voltage doesn't resolve the situation long term. My advice, don't buy factory overclocked cards which have been priced up on the standard versions. Much more sensible to do your own overclock on a standard card and pay the cheaper price. At least then you can increment it up slowly as you find out what it will handle.

Q

·
Registered
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbitz1 View Post

In case anyone is still having problems with this:

I've been experiencing random freezes for the last couple of weeks. Memory tests fine, graphics card (gigabyte 560ti OC) runs fine on furmark stress test. I'd actually underclocked this card down to about 890Mhz from the factory overclock which wasn't stable from day one. Seems this wasn't enough. The problems have cleared up for me by dropping the clock speed down a little more to 850 and the voltage to 1025. Now this problem is not occurring any more :)

It's a good thing that MSI provide afterburner to do this sort of thing because it seems that I, like many others find that factory overclocked cards are often not stable at the settings which the manufacturer ships them out with. I've had two identical cards which were both unstable at the OC settings and generally a little more voltage doesn't resolve the situation long term. My advice, don't buy factory overclocked cards which have been priced up on the standard versions. Much more sensible to do your own overclock on a standard card and pay the cheaper price. At least then you can increment it up slowly as you find out what it will handle.

Q
I get this error all the time, sometimes resulting in BSODs. For me, dropping my factory overclocked card down is not an option. I'll RMA before I do that. I tested both of my cards extensively and they both are stable at higher clocks than factory anyway. I'm building up a new Haswell rig and I'm hopeful that this will solve the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.