Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
omg finally, now just need it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloG. View Post

Ah, mother continent, making me proud.
However, how can Europe enforce a law to an American website?
same way the US shut down MegaUpload? i think the internet is going to have international laws applied to it soon that all countries have to abide by or face...sanctions

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Quote:

Not all of their servers are based in the US.

·
Registered
845 Posts
That's a very very good law. And I'm pretty sure they can do it because they also operate in the EU, targeted in that market.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
great if it gets to be made law might help reduce all the spam emails i get and i might start using facebook and twitter

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
Quote:

Facebook and Amazon have servers in the EU IIRC

·
Registered
66 Posts
it is just we want to apply the informatique and liberty law that exist since many years allowing us to change, delete or add information on ourselves regardless if the state or a corporation has those informations.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Good, a person should have the right for a secure and complete deletion of their data.

Forgetting the whole piracy thing, i'm quite proud of Europe's stance towards a better internet infrastructure and privacy laws. I think that's the one thing I can thank Brussels for.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
when windows 7 came out when you first use it it gives you a choice off what internet browser you want to use they forced microsoft to do that if they can do that to microsoft im sure they can do it to facebook

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I am jealous of the concerns that Europe have facing privacy, something that the US just has not looked into/taken seriously at all.

I also feel like an opt-in campaign should be standard on most of these websites as opposed to the current opt-out situation we have.

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Sometimes there are little things that make you proud of your own continent.

But it is screwed governmentally speaking, so I'm still angry.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namwons View Post

same way the US shut down MegaUpload? i think the internet is going to have international laws applied to it soon that all countries have to abide by or face...sanctions
I believe Megaupload's servers were in the U.S.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I think the planet should vote on a law that the USA no longer gets to make laws concerning the internet.

This one sounds good however

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naizarak View Post

too bad it won't pass. i can see every major corporation blocking it - facebook is a consumer data gold-mine for them.
Google is an even bigger data gold-mine

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.