Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are rubber grommets on both sides of the bracket for noise dampening while the hdd is spinning making it impossible for any of the included screws to reach through & bite into the hdd. (whole bag of screws are all the same size just different heads)

anyone familiar with this case describe what screws I should be using? Is there a standard size for all hdd rails or do I need to get them directly from NZXT?

help finishing my 1st build would be greatly appreciated
 

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardi72;12055340
there are rubber grommets on both sides of the bracket for noise dampening while the hdd is spinning making it impossible for any of the included screws to reach through & bite into the hdd. (whole bag of screws are all the same size just different heads)

anyone familiar with this case describe what screws I should be using? Is there a standard size for all hdd rails or do I need to get them directly from NZXT?

help finishing my 1st build would be greatly appreciated
Looks to me you have to first screw the bracket into the hard drive on both sides first THEN side the hard drive into the case and secure it again with screws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, attach the bracket to hdd, then use thumbscrews to attach it to cage, plenty of thumbscrews, no screws that appear long enough to attach the bracket to the hard drive itself.....
 

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardi72;12055646
yes, attach the bracket to hdd, then use thumbscrews to attach it to cage, plenty of thumbscrews, no screws that appear long enough to attach the bracket to the hard drive itself.....
Crazy thing: Maybe you mounted the hard drive rails incorrectly, try turning them around and see what happens - you have nothing to lose at this point IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried that already. sorry for being such a noob incredible I can put a whole computer together & just mounting a hdd giving me fits. so much for 'toolless' drive installation....
 

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardi72;12055762
tried that already. sorry for being such a noob incredible I can put a whole computer together & just mounting a hdd giving me fits. so much for 'toolless' drive installation....
NZXT manuals really lack! I saw that manual online while I was trying to help you.

Are you sure that all the screws are the same?

If so call NZXT and get them to send you the correct hardware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
according to overclockersclub,
Quote:
The bottom four 5.25" drive bays are where hard drives are installed in to the Hades case. For installation, you mount the drive to a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter and use the included thumb screws to secure the drive into place. I usually do not prefer this method, but NZXT has made installation a breeze and I ran into no issues while installing the adapter or while securing the drive into the bay. When the drives are in place they sit directly in front of the 200mm intake fan, which will bring in cool air to run over the hard drives. This should keep the drives cool even if you are running a four drive RAID array. One really nice feature that deals with hard drive installation is the inclusion of a 2.5" adapter that will fit two SSDs and allow them to easily fit into one of the 5.25" drive bays.
25.jpg

26.jpg

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nzxt_hades_gaming_case/3.htm

I assume that means you secure the HDD from the bottom
 

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
Joined
·
2,662 Posts

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Looking at this photo, if you see the hard drive on the bottom secured with the toolless it seems.

assembled3.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the help guys, yes the manual is awful, so is the design.

I understood how to do it, just didn't have the proper hardware....

NZXT is sending me the screws I need (chomping at the bit)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top