Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

Recently i have upgraded my Corsair H100 to a NZXT Kraken X60 in push pull config.

The cooler does fine except, im not able to control it.

I want to run 4.8Ghz like i have always done but it just keeps BSOD 101 on me.

The problem is, The software (NZXT Kraken control) cannot be installed on my Windows 8 x64. I have tried everything, admin mode, and other windows compability modes, but the installation keeps failing.

This way i am not abled to control the cooler, as the fans never ramp up.

The pump has to be connected to a internal USB, when i pull it out, the fans go to 100%

Does anyone know what i can do?

Or else i just have to install Win7 and reinstall everything.

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
I think the software requires .NET or something, can't remember exactly, to run - so maybe that's why it won't install. I was able to install it on my Win 8 x64 system, so it is possible. I think there's just some prerequisite you are missing. You are using the 1.1 version of the software?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Can the fans be connected to the motherboard, or are they wired directly to the coolinghead?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
name="Forceman" url="/t/1415968/nzxt-kraken-x60-software#post_20549690"]I think the software requires .NET or something, can't remember exactly, to run - so maybe that's why it won't install. I was able to install it on my Win 8 x64 system, so it is possible. I think there's just some prerequisite you are missing. You are using the 1.1 version of the software?[/quote]

I have tried to install .NET 3.5 manually but the installer says im already up to date also with windows update, im up to date.

I have tried 1.1 from the CD and the download from NZXT's site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattifnatten View Post

Can the fans be connected to the motherboard, or are they wired directly to the coolinghead?
[quote

I have them connected to the wire with 4 PWM connectors coming from the pump. And i'd rather use the motherboard PWM's for my casefans as i have a 900D full packed with fans.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
double post

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.NET 3.5 is already checked. I have tried that option last week. but untill now nothing..

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

No i couldn't

I installed windows 7 to get it working.

When a update of the software will come i will go back to Windows 8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.