Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here we go another information thread about little known/overlooked/underrated units

This one is for all the NZXT HALE units

So let's start from the bottom

NZXT HALE 82-N

The OEM for the N series is FSP but it has a design flaw that when the unit gets too hot the ripple goes through the roof so this series is NOT recommended DO NOT buy this!

Next up we have the HALE 82 or the HALE 82-M as its also known this unit has nothing to do with the N as the OEM for this is Seasonic
Its based on the Seasonic M12II and its a 80 plus bronze rated series
This is a decent unit not like the N so dont confuse the two

Alright moving on to the good stuff
Next up is the NZXT HALE 90 V1 this is a rebrand of the Super Flower Golden Green which means that this unit is made by Super Flower

This series is 80 plus gold rated

Moving on with the NZXT HALE 90 V2 the first ever fully modular NZXT PSU
This unit is a bit special so i am going to talk a bit more about this
The OEM for this is FSP BUT! NZXT worked with FSP on it and did not just buy an existing design
This is a brand new unit built from the gound up just for NZXT no ones else has or use this design at least not yet

This series is 80 plus gold rated

Overall the NZXT HALE 82-M is decent the NZXT HALE 90 V1 is good and the NZXT HALE 90 V2 is great

Last one is the NZXT HALE 82 V2 which are fully modular 80 plus bronze units OEM is HighPower
Now i am very disappointed with NZXT and what they did with the HALE 82 V2

Its an old outdated group regulated PSU that have had a half assed makeover

There is not really many good things too say about it and lots of bad things

Ripple is average but when crossload its goes berserk and out of ATX specs

Voltage regulation is lose and the fan is very loud

Overall this is a very mediocre PSU and i wont't recommend anyone buy this stay away

Very disappointing NZXT what where you thinking taking sometthing old and outdated and trying to resell it as something new when its not even very good

Read more here
http://www.overclock.net/t/1461934/why-you-should-not-buy-an-nzxt-hale-82-v2

Also for any HALE owner out there please leave your feedback and feelings about your HALE thanks

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Posted a few hours ago, but a few questions.

1. Are the cables a 1 to 1 setup?
  2. How would you remove the flat sleeving to use something like MDPC sleeving?
  3. Could you rewire the fan with a different one to quiet the unit down?

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepp3 View Post

Posted a few hours ago, but a few questions.

1. Are the cables a 1 to 1 setup?
  2. How would you remove the flat sleeving to use something like MDPC sleeving?
  3. Could you rewire the fan with a different one to quiet the unit down?
I am not really one that can answer your questions

This thread was more for the sake of all information being in one place and to tell people these units exist

Think we have one HALE 90 V2 owner here one OCN but cant recall who it was?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Investigation time
rolleyes.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Investigation time
rolleyes.gif
If you watch some of the videos dont they show how the cables look?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
As of now, I need to know if It's possible to get either replacement cables for that PSU or just repin and rewire the connectors, that would be relatively simple. I'd rather want to know if I can just strip the rubber/ plastic-y looking sleeving on the PCI-E cables

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

As of now, I need to know if It's possible to get either replacement cables for that PSU or just repin and rewire the connectors, that would be relatively simple. I'd rather want to know if I can just strip the rubber/ plastic-y looking sleeving on the PCI-E cables
There are no cables yet at least not that i know of

As for sleeving i dont know either as this is still a very new PSU and only one other user here on OCN has one

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

There are no cables yet at least not that i know of

As for sleeving i dont know either as this is still a very new PSU and only one other user here on OCN has one

I'm thinking of just getting a de-pinning tool and removing the cables, getting the gauges of the wires and finding out how to repin them with sleeved cables.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

I'm thinking of just getting a de-pinning tool and removing the cables, getting the gauges of the wires and finding out how to repin them with sleeved cables.
You could just do that

Think NEXT really sould do what Corsair has done and make sleeved replacement cables for the HALE 90 V2

Think Super Flower sould do the same with the Leadex and EVGA with the Super Nova G2

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Quote:

Investigation time
rolleyes.gif
if you're expecting shilka to look for answers for you, then thats really ignorant. shilka is not familiar with the aspect of sleeving, so is this sub-forum where it mainly deals with power supplies, its integrals, efficiency etc. if you have questions regarding those aspects, you need to go here. shilka is a good dude, and is always willing to help, but don't take advantage when you can easily look for those answers yourself.
rolleyes.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Cam View Post

if you're expecting shilka to look for answers for you, then thats really ignorant. shilka is not familiar with the aspect of sleeving, so is this sub-forum where it mainly deals with power supplies, its integrals, efficiency etc. if you have questions regarding those aspects, you need to go here. shilka is a good dude, and is always willing to help, but don't take advantage when you can easily look for those answers yourself.
rolleyes.gif
Cant know everything even if i tried

• Rep+
Reactions: Killa Cam

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

that's why you're the man!
tongue.gif
Thanks i have the option of the Be Quiet. EVGA and Rosewill units next but dont really know in what order

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Awesome thread!!! Glad to see these units finally getting some of their WELL DESERVED recognition!!!

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

Awesome thread!!! Glad to see these units finally getting some of their WELL DESERVED recognition!!!
Sould have done these a long time ago dont know why i did not get around to it sooner

But glad you like feel free to use it its whats its made for

See you are a HALE owner how do you like your units so far?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Quote:

rolleyes.gif
Umm I wasn't expecting him to look it up, so please don't make assumptions
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
I absolutely love it. The ripple is below 13mv under 100pct load (12x P95 + 4x Furmark), and with my Fluke DMM I read a constant 12.022v 5.018v 3.298v!

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

I absolutely love it. The ripple is below 13mv under 100pct load (12x P95 + 4x Furmark), and with my Fluke DMM I read a constant 12.022v 5.018v 3.298v!
Sounds good

Its a shame that not many have HALE 90´s

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.