Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello OCN members! This is my first thread and work-log on OCN. The rig will be for a friend who wants to get his feet wet but does not know how. My friend currently has an Xclio A380 case, which is not a bad case, but it's not meant for water-cooling. Instead of modding his current case to accommodate a loop, I suggested the Switch 810 case. It was a long shot since he doesn't like white cases. To my surprise, he likes the case! So here I am!

Enough Chit-chat, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
biggrin.gif

Here's Part One of The Build -
Part Two/Complete Build -
Computer Parts

Case: NZXT Switch 810 White
MB: Asus 990FX Sabertooth
CPU: AMD FX 8120
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 1000W
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB SLI
Memory: G.SKILL Sniper Series 1866 16GB (New)
SD: Corsair Force Series GT 240 SSD (New)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB

Water Parts

Radiator - Top Mount: Phobya G-Changer 420mm
Radiator - Bottom Mount: Phobya G-Changer 280mm
CPU Block - EK Supreme LTX
GPU Block's - EK GeForce 570 GTX SE
Pump/Res - XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir
Fans - NZXT 140mm
Barb Fittings - Bitspower Matte Black

Here's a few shots of the case!
A pic of the LED on the top front.
The bottom front mesh.
A teaser pic.
The top panel has small mesh on both sides for ventilation.
Just an average pic.

I'll probably only have two weeks for this build as my friend is a die hard BF3 player. So I'm sure he'll be having BF3 withdrawls the first day I take his rig.
biggrin.gif
I hope you guys enjoy and I'm open to any suggestions or questions through out my build.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im finally finished! Thanks for all the OCN members who supported this thread. I hope you guys like the end result. Please ask or PM me with any questions. Now my friend can get back to
BF3! Thanks again everyone!
wave2.gif

Now for some pictures!

I just wanted to say that the S810 was a blast to do a build in. There is SO much room and possibilities. Thanks NZXT for making a case that offers so much, at an affordable price. I hope everyone enjoys the build as much as I did!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, these rads are definitely beast. I ran into a couple of snags and will have to bust out the dermal. Unfortunately it's not going to happen tonight.

I'll have to remove the top stealth 5.25" drive supports if I want to use the 5.25" covers. But, if your ok with out them, then your good to go!

On a good note, the rad fits...and it'll fit in p/p!
wheee.gif

With room to spare! Of course you can dermal the top of the 5.25" bay for better air flow, but you don't have to if your ok with the clearance.

As for the bottom rad, that's another story. NONE of the holes lined up. I'll show you guys what i'll have to do to get the bottom rad to fit this weekend. I'll post pics of what I'll have to dermal in order to get the beast of a 280 rad on the bottom.
thumb.gif

opps, I forgot to mention that one of the three top fans will line up. The rest of the holes will have to be drilled. Nothing to major considering the rad will fit in p/p!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooxz View Post

Im really curious how that 420 looks up top. I was thinking about doing watercooling at some point in my switch
thumb.gif
It I it looks really good up there. But be prepared to make your own mounting holes if you deiced to get the Phobya G-Changer rad. The holes on the rad are spaced 3/4" and the spacing on the S810 is 1" So you'll be drilling your own holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3nd3l View Post

Top rad looks good.
Can't wait to see the bottom one in there as well.
Thanks! Nothing goes as planned and I'll be drilling some holes in the bottom to mount the rad as well as the top so I can mount the rest of the fans. Did you or are you going to cut the top of the 5.25" drive bay for better air flow or leave it as is? I'm still indecisive?? since it's not my case, I'll probably leave it alone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post

Great job so far mate.
Appreciate the kind words! I can't wait to see what you'll pull off with your 810.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

That's looking awesome bro! The rad is HUGE up there!
drool.gif
I know bro, too damn huge! But it does look good!
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpirate View Post

How do you like those fans? I have had a few people tell me they sound kinda weird because of the rifle bearing.
It's actually not bad at all. They spin at 1300rpm and are fairly quite. Plus you can pop the fans out for easy cleaning.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.