Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kinda a build log/log of a bunch of retro hardware I'm gonna be playing with for the next few weeks.
Just to kick it off I have a ASRock p55 pro coming in with a unknown CPU and ordering a i7 870 for it too.
Also a p45 ud3p with a e8500 4gb of ocz d9 memory and another 2gb of d9 gmh. Another e8600 to bin against my current and a Celeron d 3.4 cedermill for 6+ghz runs. @gtz @Jedi Mind Trick
This is mainly gonna be CPU blasting on air and water and fsb/bclk runs with some ddr1/2/3 overclocking
Also I have a super rare motherboard lined up from around this era thats gonna get paired with a super rare CPU and clocked.
Ud3p will be here Saturday and fsb overclocks on the e8500 will be posted that day. Waiting on a hyper 212 bracket to come in to really oc it on air
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Font Electronic engineering

Font Engineering Technology Office equipment Computer hardware

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Man, I forgot how much I like the look of boards from this era!

Can't wait to see what you do with em/see what that rare combo will be!

·
Premium Member
6,459 Posts
I just looked, I have one of those boards and an E7000 series CPU in the basement, sub'd for updates lol.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked, I have one of those boards and an E7000 series CPU in the basement, sub'd for updates lol.
Snag you a e84-8600 lol they go for 8 dollars on eBay. Cheap fun for 600+ 5ghz + runs

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,630 Posts
I was thinking about doing some retro overclocking as well. I was even looking at that same board. Because I had a Celeron 360 that did 6ghz on air a while back. And that was on a cheap motherboard at the time. But I ended up botched the delid. So i no longer have it. But i was thinking about picking up another Celeron and trying again for 6ghz+. But i might have just hit the lottery then.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about doing some retro overclocking as well. I was even looking at that same board. Because I had a Celeron 360 that did 6ghz on air a while back. And that was on a cheap motherboard at the time. But I ended up botched the delid. So i no longer have it. But i was thinking about picking up another Celeron and trying again for 6ghz+. But i might have just hit the lottery then.
Celeron 360s are pretty cheap I have a few 356s coming in for the 6+ ghz binning.
I would snag a ud3p while you can. They are hard to find these days

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,630 Posts
I see some ud3p's have 2 blue pcie instead of a blue and an orange.

·
Rig Advisor
4,063 Posts
Ooooh, can I play in the playground too?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooooh, can I play in the playground too?

Definitely hell let's make this a community retro oc thread

·
Premium Member
6,459 Posts
Computer Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring

Found it in the case graveyard corner of the basement. Might try to boot this up later, if only there LAN parties still..lol.

Hood Audio equipment Computer hardware Electrical wiring Electronic engineering

No spiders were harmed during the examination.....

Passive circuit component Circuit component Electronic instrument Hardware programmer Microcontroller

I think thats an HD 4350? I might still have an x1800? or GT 7050/7100 around somewhere too.

#longlive775

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone interested in some decent psc dominator 1600s. I got 8 sticks of it and they all do 2k 8-9-8-28 1.65v.
The seller has 2 sticks left and they are only 20 bucks for the kit. I'll link if interested

·
Premium Member
6,459 Posts
Anyone interested in some decent psc dominator 1600s. I got 8 sticks of it and they all do 2k 8-9-8-28 1.65v.
The seller has 2 sticks left and they are only 20 bucks for the kit. I'll link if interested
2 or 4gb dimms? I'm somewhat interested now, ha.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
37 Posts
I have a system under my desk which has been out of use for like 11 months.
Core 2 Duo e8600 3.7ghz OC.
ASUS P5G41C-M LX DDR2 / 3
4GB Corsair XMS3 1066
Palit GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Creative Audigy 2 SB0240 sound card + 5'25" bay breakout box.
Windows XP 32 Bit but patched to accept more memory.

·
Banned
37 Posts
I bought some of these from CEX, turned out DOA :(

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a system under my desk which has been out of use for like 11 months.
Core 2 Duo e8600 3.7ghz OC.
ASUS P5G41C-M LX DDR2 / 3
4GB Corsair XMS3 1066
Palit GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Creative Audigy 2 SB0240 sound card + 5'25" bay breakout box.
Windows XP 32 Bit but patched to accept more memory.
Alot more 775 owners than I thought here. :) Best platform ever imo

·
Banned
37 Posts
Alot more 775 owners than I thought here. :) Best platform ever imo
I would still have a 790FX system too if it has not gotten water damaged, it was disassembled 2 months ago.
Phenom II 1090T with MSI 790FX-GD70 and some Geil Black Dragon DDR3, only the CPU survived.

Although crap for memory OC, this board was amazing.

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

• Sad
Reactions: o1dschoo1

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Great thread OP.
Went to the deepest darkest place to retrieve this.512mb ram sticks and i think 4800x2 cpu.OCZ who would ever thought they would go under?
Lots of good memories of my A8N32-SLI. Still got it in storage, although I've basically given up on it as it's developed a strange error where it complains about USB overcurrent (even when no USB devices are connected) at every boot (and it refuses to go further). A CMOS reset fixes it and it'll boot, but any reboot/shutdown of any sort and it's back to complaining.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would still have a 790FX system too if it has not gotten water damaged, it was disassembled 2 months ago.
Phenom II 1090T with MSI 790FX-GD70 and some Geil Black Dragon DDR3, only the CPU survived.

Although crap for memory OC, this board was amazing.

View attachment 2541547
I had a gd70 with a 555 black edition unlocked to tri core. Was a super fun board but gave out on me lolol

1 - 20 of 126 Posts