Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBR
I was right, my ES "Zambezi OR-C0" sample is Piledriver based CPU FX-8300. Here is proof, retail chip FX-8350 on CPUz screen. Ive told you, OR-C0 (stepping 0) is Retail stepping. Ive tested Retail FX-8300 stepping in my preview.

As much as I hate the guy for his poor grammar and biased attitude it does look like the desktop incarnation of Piledriver is just a fixed version of Bulldozer which won't be using Piledriver cores. This doesn't mean that it won't still be a 10% improvement over Bulldozer though.

Source

Here's a picture from a recent AMD event which shows the FX-8350 with the same revision code:

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts

·
Banned
7,797 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

The 9GHz validation is from a guy who was banned from Hwbot twice for bugged results and lying about his cooling solutions. In other words it's fake.
Or jelly peeps being jelly of his golden CPU?
redface.gif

(kidding.)

·
Registered
3,534 Posts

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
He talks like as if he expected an 8core to be the performance of a 4core when it comes to PD. I am just hoping that the IMC scales well and a quad on stock(4Ghz) would maybe equal a Phenom II x4 at 3.8Ghz. That would be good as PD can overclock higher than the Phenom II limits. Funny how we try to compare PD to the Phenom II's, two generations old but still the best performer. I would definitely be taken by surprise if PD performs better than the Phenom II, clock to clock. I need an upgrade so if PD doesn't pull through I will quickly go in for the Phenom II x6 1055T:p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Fixing some issues with Bulldozer is all Piledriver is. It still is the same concept, as steamroller will also be the same concept just with larger tweaks.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Piledriver as seen in Trinity: "Piledriver: Bulldozer Tuned" - as stated by Anandtech

"Soft" edge flops replaced with "hard" edge flops to reduce power consumption (10-20% lower).
RCM technology added for reduced power consumption.
Refined schedulers to improve IPC.
Prefetch and branch prediction improved.
Secondary branch predictor added.
FMA3 and F16C added, FMA4 removed.
Various other "small" tweaks.

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozne View Post

Fixing some issues with Bulldozer is all Piledriver is. It still is the same concept, as steamroller will also be the same concept just with larger tweaks.
Wasn't Phenom II a 'fixed' Agena? And yet performance was stellar compared to it.

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
me?i hope amd stop being stupid,and use twitch.tv for once.how do exactly what user do .hell amd should call towellie and go to his place to test the 8350 ,7970 with arcosft or any gpgpu software amd feel can perform.and compare with towellie actual gear .if i recal he has an i 7 2600 oc to 4.5,with a gtx 690 .i am positive a amd gpgpu would be on par with towellie system.just ask towellie to stream this live with gw 2.why? suppodly gw2 can be punishing at max setting .(ok amd might need to pay towelliee internet bill during test ,since he lock bitrate to 3500..anyway the idea is ro live stream the event with known figure.towelliee,athene for eu,swifty all are known globally.swifty is even live on youtube and is sponsored by razor.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.