Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have an AMD 3800+ 2.4GHz and want to overclock it. I have a program which came with my mobo, Ai Booster. If I click the button overclock by 10% it works, yes. Then crashes counter-strike:source. Even if I overclock by 1% cs:source crashes. Anyone know if this is just the processor not worthy of being overclocked - or am I using the program wrong; Do I have to increase voltage and ram frequency too etc? Or shall I scrap the program and do it in the BIOS etc (Of which I know nothing about)

2GB RAM DDR400 PC3200
750W PSU
Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3800+

I am, what I like to think fairly good on computers - but this is a little too advanced for my Computing A level

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Use the BIOS for OCing! Check out the overclocking guides floating around here. AI is definitely not the best way to go about it.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Just to forwarn you....the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe has a pretty confusing BIOS. I had to bring my sig rig to a buddy's house of mine so he could explain what all the settings did. And I've overclocked EVERY machine I have ever owned. This BIOS really confused the hell out of me.

If you're unsure of what to do....leave EVERYTHING set to auto in your BIOS...then start turning up your FSB. That board is pretty good at giving extra voltage and lowering the multiplier as needed. You could always give that a try, or maybe look up some tutorials like previously stated. Anyway....good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts